Ultimate Software is looking for an extremely talented Cloud Architect to join our award winning development team! The chosen candidate will be leading the IaaS and PaaS teams, spanning the entire organization. This individual must find and establish synergies across the spectrum of technologies we use, and move US forward by extending our strengths and sun setting those that are not, all the while staying abreast of the latest technology trends and incorporating them into our vision.
You will collaborate with Product, Operations and Development to design solutions that align with Ultimate Software’s business goals and technology strategy. You will be directly responsible for researching and prototyping new solutions, product evaluations and developing technology standards.
This position is available both virtually, and in our south Florida (Weston) office.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Software engineering at Ultimate Software: http://youtu.be/fy5l8lWJbqQ
Take a look at our company culture: http://bit.ly/1nYvenD
Apply now to join our Award Winning Product Development Team!
- Partner with various business stakeholders and technology leaders to translate program requirements into scalable technical solutions and system designs
- Collaborate with other members of the Core Technologies Services team and development management, to evaluate solutions and gain consensus on technical solutions
- Research, design, test, and evaluate new technologies, platforms and third party products
- Work with technology teams to prototype and prove the viability of solutions
- Facilitate planning for production implementation of solutions
- Ensure alignment of solutions with Enterprise Architecture principles and guidelines
- Research and understand new technology trends and products
- Socialize information on technology trends and products
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a hands-on architect role designing and implementing distributed systems
- A minimum of 2 years hands-on experience with Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Proven experience with DevOps practices and technologies in a software-defined infrastructure environment, delivering Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Experience delivering at least one major IaaS and/or PaaS service platform (OpenStack, AWS, Heroku, etc.)
- Experience designing and delivering large scale distributed systems (ideally using modern SOA patterns and REST)
- Experience with Application Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Experience with relational and non-relational database technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Strong understanding of containerization technologies
- Solid understanding of security/access control, scalability, high availability, and concurrency patterns
- Proficient in both Windows Server and Linux Distribution, Ubuntu preferred
- Proficient in at least one static OO language (C#, Java)
- Proficient in at least one shell scripting language (bash, etc.)
- Experience working with Cloud Foundry is preferred
Travel Requirement: Limited upon request, dependent on location
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top