Cloud Application Engineer
Ultimate Software is seeking a Cloud Application Engineer to be part of our Product Transitions team, which keeps our award winning Human Capital Management product, hosted in our private cloud, up to the latest version. The candidate will be responsible for upgrading our software, including maintaining and testing automated software upgrade processes, as well as executing product upgrades. This position is a blend of administration, engineering and research.
This is a 6 month contract position, with the possibility of extension. This position can be virtual or based in Weston, FL, which is just outside of Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Although most work will be done during normal business hours, some work must be performed during overnight maintenance windows. In rare circumstances, work, or on-call availability may be required over a weekend.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Provide hands on system administration and technical expertise (currently consisting of SQL, Web, Web Services, and Application Servers).
- Trouble-shoot technical issues for application servers.
- System configuration and deployment of our UltiPro Time and Attendance software.
- Install new software builds created by the internal Engineering Team.
- Work closely with Dev Engineering team to analyze and debug technical issues from production.
- Understand SAN / NAS Technology.
- Understanding / Experience working with J2EE Applications
- 3 years of experience as a Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator
- 3 years of experience as a Microsoft Systems Engineer
- 3 years of experience as a Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) Administrator
- 2 years of experience working with VMWare or other Virtual Server Software
- 2 years of experience with Java-based technologies: (J2SE, J2EE, JSP, JDBC a must)
- 2 years of experience working with SAN or NAS storage systems (vendors: EMC, NetApp, HP, etc.)
- Ability to multitask and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability and willingness to work evenings / nights on occasion.
- Cognos administration experience preferred
- Exposure to writing SQL scripts preferred
- Exposure to automation using PowerShell and / or MS System Center preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment and partner effectively with others
- Ability to communicate effectively (listening, presenting and questioning)
- Ability to be flexible in a negotiating environment
- Positive team participation skills
- Strong organizational, written and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
Travel Requirement: Limited travel to Weston upon request (if candidate is virtual).
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top