Ultimate Software is looking to hire a Senior C# Software Developer to join our extremely talented Product Development team! As one of our Senior Software Engineers, you will be part of our continued improvement and growth of our HR and Payroll Software Solution.
Ultimate Software is ranked in FORTUNE Magazine's top 100 places to work, coming in at #15 in the nation. This helps explain why Ultimate Software is able to attract the country's top talent—we pride ourselves on treating our entire team so well, they never want to leave. Ultimate Software is based in Weston, Florida, which is just outside of Fort Lauderdale and was ranked in the top 100 places in America for families to live.
The Senior Software Developer position requires excellent Object-Oriented programming and Design Pattern skills. The Senior C# engineer will be involved in the deployment of our enterprise software solution to the cloud. The job requires you to be able to design, develop, troubleshoot, and a debug complex software applications at the enterprise level. We are looking for a Software Engineer who is passionate about programming, passionate about quality, and truly enjoys what they do. The qualified candidate for the C# Engineer position is someone who has a can-do attitude and is an innovative thinker.
Ultimate Software works in an agile environment where there are daily standups and code reviews, and constant communication within each self-managed cross functional team. The ability to communicate effectively with Product Analysts and QA's, as well as work closely and well with other team members are key components for success in this position.
Ultimate is ranked #1 on FORTUNE's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 for "100 Best Places to Work For" in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials," #5 on Fortune's "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity," and #8 on Forbes magazine's 2016 list of "Most Innovative Growth Companies."
- Create and integrate features for our enterprise software solution using the latest .NET technologies
- Write web services, business objects, and other middle-tier framework using the .NET framework
- Use Microsoft's tools and technologies to extend and improve the functionality of our product
- Communicate with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the team goals
- Leverage open source and other technologies and languages outside of the .NET framework should the need arise, and autonomously be able to make use of those decisions
- Develop cutting edge solutions to maximize the performance, scalability, and distributed processing capabilities of the system
- Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production issues that are escalated to the C# engineering team
- Work with development teams in an agile context as it relates to software development, including test driven development, automated unit testing and test fixtures, and pair programming
- Actively participate in daily code reviews with talented software engineers and architects
- 5 or more years' experience as a key developer on enterprise projects
- Experience developing applications in C# and .Net technologies as a Senior Software Engineer
- Software development experience including: OOP, concurrency programming, design patterns, Visual Studio, Windows Communication Foundation, RESTful service implementation, Service Oriented Architecture, Test-Driven Development, Acceptance Testing, Transact-SQL, and SQL Server.
- Experience creating tools to automate the deployment of an enterprise software solution to the cloud
- Strong object-oriented design and development experience
- Knowledge of design patterns and their implementation
- Multi-tier application design and development
- Multi-threaded design and development
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Professional experience with Java is a strong plus
- Previous HCM experience is a plus
- Willingness to code in other programming languages (Java, Go, Node) a plus
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top