Business Relationship Manager
We are looking for an experienced Business Relationship Manager to join our Information Services team. The IT Business Relationship Manager is responsible for operating in the capacity of trusted advisor to the business customer. The BRM serves as the IT liaison with the goal of ensuring value through technology and process improvement initiatives and strategic conversations and decisions.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2018 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Strengthen IT/Business relationship by establishing strong, trusting partnerships within your assigned business unit or business division
- Provide assigned team(s) operational oversight to ensure effective delivery and services as well as anticipating business needs based on developments in business and IT
- Share business acumen that supports business objectives & delivers positive results
- Main interface to assigned business customers
- Lead and advocate new technology and business solutions that lead to maximum user adoption along with improving organizational effectiveness and facilitate changes
- Approve and prioritize initiatives in accordance with business and IT strategy
- Active management participant working directly with VP, Directors and Managers and architects to position the PMO team to enable business sustainability, growth, and agility
- Collaborates with IS Management to manage day to day resource conflict, risks and issues related to service excellence
- Actively identify, monitor and mitigate risks to sustain organizational health
- Serve as a first escalation point to facilitate resolution of obstacles
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- 15+ years experience in Information Technology
- Experience in HCM Software industry
- Well-balanced acumen in technology, business and industry (HCM is preferred)
- Demonstrates highly effective interpersonal skills and relationship management that creates trusting business partnerships
- Direct experience in leading teams within IT
- Proven ability to successfully deliver and steer initiatives with low to moderate complexity and risk
- Experience in developing and aligning technology solutions to support business strategy is preferred
- Experience in project management and portfolio management is preferred
- Ability to package information and complex ideas in business-friendly and/or at an executive level is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated conflict management skills and experience
- Results-oriented individual with influencing capability
- Detail-oriented individual with strong planning and analytical skills
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.
Back to top