Business Analyst (workforce planning)
We are currently seeking an energetic, analytical, highly detail-oriented individual to work on the Services Operations team. The Services Operations Analyst II will be primarily responsible for the management, analysis, and reporting of Services Expenses, Revenues, and their associated budgets/forecasts and/or headcount management and/or bonus plan administration. The ideal candidate will have a strong financial aptitude and solid operations management skills, and must be able to thrive with minimal direction and supervision.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
- Function as the Services point-person on all headcount and expense related processes to ensure the organization has an accurate and timely understanding of all elements defined in job summary.
- Provide timely analysis and reporting of all elements defined in job summary across the entire Services organization.
- Work with business leads to develop annual and quarterly budgets and metrics.
- Assist in coordinating with Finance / Accounting to process and finalize budgets (during annual budget cycle and periodic reforecasts).
- Collect, analyze and interpret complex data for reporting and/or performance trend analysis.
- Strong business analysis skills with a proven ability to synthesize data and create actionable reporting for multiple levels of management and key stakeholders.
- Function as a trusted advisor to the aligned business management teams for operational activities including interpretation of financial and headcount metrics; understanding of workforce management.
- A solid process orientation with ability to define steps, recommend best practices, and train business leads on how to best leverage internal systems.
- Comfortable operating a highly matrixed work environment
- Strong presentation, communication, and facilitation skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving, comfortable with multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential data with the highest levels of discretion
- Dead-line orientation with ability to flex availability during peak work periods to ensure deliverables are produced on-time
- Flexible, dependable, and capable of operating at a high rate of delivery with little direction
- Highly proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of applications, with a particular emphasis on Excel
- Fosters a positive attitude while bringing creativity and innovation to all aspects of work
- Team oriented for collaboration
- Financial Analyst and/or Business Analyst experience preferred
- TM1 Manpower or Expenses experience a plus
Education/Certification/License: Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college/university; majors in Economics, Finance, or Business preferred
Travel Requirement: Occasional travel may be required depending upon candidates location.
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top