Ultimate Software is looking for a hardworking and driven Business Analyst to support our Payment Services Domain. As a BA on the Payment Solutions product team, you will be an essential member of a cutting edge agile team, responsible for the delivery of functionality on our innovative cloud based Human Capital Management software solution.
You will be accountable for researching, analyzing and documenting clear and actionable business requirements in a way that they can be distributed across one or more development teams, to incrementally deliver desired functionality.
If you are passionate about collaborating and working with skilled Software Engineers, Business Analysts and Product Managers in creating high-quality software for customers, this role is for you.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of the delivery of features/capabilities through the software development process
- Participate in customer meetings with Product Managers to achieve understanding of customer ideas/issues
- Research & refine functional requirements, communicating directly with customers in collaboration with Product and Development Managers
- Lead the creation of designs with Product Manager and Stakeholder input
- Create and collaborate on detailed functional designs, using Agile methodologies and tools
- Story writing including conditions of satisfaction
- Work closely with engineers and testers to ensure the product to be built meets requirements.
- Understand and triage customer issues, defects, enhancement requests and backlog items conducting any necessary technical research or team collaboration and prioritizing appropriately
- Create materials (presentations, demos) to help train additional teams on new functionality
- Communicate with multiple stakeholders including customers, prospects, as well as internal stakeholders and synthesize multiple inputs.
- Validate proposed value with customers and prospects using research, prototypes, and designs
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Strong analytical skills to understand business requirements and decompose into more granular level requirements
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple priorities
- Proven ability to lead diverse groups of resources to solution agreement by leveraging influencing skills to drive consensus
- Effective communication skills; listening, written and verbal; ability to communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Think imaginatively and intuitively while quickly grasping and synthesizing new ideas
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment to solve business problems
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of BA/PM experience
- Experience using Agile development methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Functional and technical knowledge of HCM, Payroll or Tax systems strongly desired.
- Certifications in HR related fields (e.g. CPP, FPC, CPA, PHR, SHRM-CP)
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top