Business Analysis Manager
The Business Analysis Manager will be responsible to lead a team of business analysts ensuring that they have what they need to best satisfy our customer needs and be the bridge to innovative solutions. The candidate should have a passion for evolving best practices to increase both project delivery speed and quality, and will become a successful partner with key stakeholders from all divisions.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2018 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Motivate, coach and lead a team of Business Analysts to achieve team goals.
- Oversee projects to support delivery according to the agreed upon timeline and scope.
- Accountable for the direction and processes of the BA role with input from key stakeholders.
- Ensure consistent execution quality by performing health checks and ensuring completeness of requirements.
- Manage resource forecasts and plans to ensure resources are available to support portfolio roadmaps.
- Promote teamwork, resolve conflict, support resolution of project issues.
- Evaluate the individual performance of direct reports.
- Owns the recruiting process for new direct reports.
- Proactively establish relationships with PMO, BRM Team, IS functional managers, and key business stakeholders to support customer satisfaction goals.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and foster a creative and innovative environment by leading the BA Center of Excellence (BA COE).
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Minimum of 7+ years managing and leading a team
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in an IT/ software development environment with business analysis experience
- Experience with complex, enterprise-wide vendor implementations and integrations
- Experience engaging with senior executives and clients with a proven strong client focus.
- Proven leadership, analytical, decision-making, and team building skills
- Proven ability to lead diverse groups of people to solution agreement by leveraging influencing skills to drive consensus
- Effective communication skills; listening, written and verbal; ability to communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Think imaginatively and intuitively while quickly grasping and synthesizing new ideas
- Experience with ‘Agile’ methodologies such as SCRUM or Kanban
- Business process re-engineering project experience
- Experience with BA Center of Excellence
- Business Analysis Certification (IIBA-CBAP or PMI-PBA)
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- PMP or equivalent Project Management Certification
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.
Back to top