Bilingual English-French Content Marketing Specialist
Ultimate Software is looking for a Bilingual Marketing Specialist and a Content Writer professional who takes initiative and explores all aspects of content development opportunities with a can-do attitude. This candidate will be reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer. The Canadian Marketing Specialist’s main responsibility is to produce marketing content, marketing campaigns (including email and direct mail campaigns and product marketing content) and to employ various marketing tactics (including but not limited to email marketing, direct mail, print and digital advertising, social media, sponsorships, and event marketing) to uncover prospective customers in Canada and help move those prospective customers through the sales cycle.
The candidate is an all-in-one content marketer who is self-motivated and versatile, who will research, write and edit all marketing communications including blog posts, online articles, newsletters, press releases and more. The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for creating compelling content about our industry and craft a strategy for distributing the content via as many as relevant channels as possible in order to acquire new prospects and customers in Canada, tracking the effectiveness of each campaign, and optimizing this work brilliantly.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Our CEO Scott Scherr was ranked #2 on Glassdoor’s CEO 2016 List!
- Write and edit marketing materials and lead generation content in Canadian English – including but not limited to email blasts, direct mail content, flyers, event invitations, and more
- Adapt existing campaigns and content for effective and appropriate use in Canada
- Ensure the linguistic integrity of materials until final delivery
- Review content in Canadian French for accuracy (writing in Canadian French not required, however understanding of French for review of translated materials accuracy is required)
- Attend events in Quebec (and/or other destinations in Canada) and converse with prospective customers in French
- Update product information specific to Canada in technical documents and on the company website
- Familiarity with top HR/payroll publications and industry organizations in Canada, both national and regional
- Negotiation and contract execution on vendor services in Canada for marketing projects such as advertising, event venues, and email marketing
- Research, select, implement, and project manage print advertising, web advertising, email marketing, and direct mail programs for Canada
- Take on any other task related to this position (when needed)
- Must be fluent in both French and English in order to be able to communicate with prospective customers and prospects over the phone and at events, with ability to read translated materials and confirm accuracy.
- Excellent writing and language skills, with professional-level knowledge of English grammar and spelling, as well as the ability to fully tap into the creative potential of the language.
- Ability to understand and process technical information to make it more accessible to readers.
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics for business-to-business marketing including but not limited to email marketing, CRM and Marketing Automation, lead nurturing, lead scoring, direct mail, tradeshow and event marketing.
- Knowledge of top HR/payroll publications and industry groups throughout Canada is a plus.
- Minimum of five (5) years in marketing writing.
- A dual-minded approach: Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform all decisions.
- Proficiency in all relevant software applications (Microsoft Suite, Photoshop, WordPress)
- Superior persuasive writing abilities.
- SEO knowledge is needed to create content that ranks well in search engines.
- Experience living or working in Canada desired – Must understand the Canadian market
- Experience in a Marketing-related function selling B2B products/services to Canadian buyers
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to write concisely
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Energetic and collaborative
- Responsible, self-sufficient and versatile
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or in a related linguistic field (writing, English, languages, translation, journalism, communications, linguistics, teaching languages, literature, etc.), and the ability to process technical information to make it more accessible to readers
- Excellent marketing writing abilities in English
- Professional-level knowledge of Canadian English (grammar, syntax, subtleties, etc.)
- Conversational French required (Canadian French preferred) and ability to read and comprehend written French
Travel: Ability to travel 40% of the time
Back to top