Bi Business Analyst
Ultimate Software is seeking an experienced Business Analyst (BA) responsible for identifying and partnering with internal business units to provide technology solutions for their needs. Qualified candidates possess broad experience conducting requirements gathering sessions and documenting those requirements for systems projects. This position demands strong organizational skills and problem-solving expertise, while working with current and emerging technologies, and managing team dynamics. Excellent analytical skills, communication skills, team orientation, flexibility, innovative thinking, problem solving, conflict management, and self-motivation are required for success. Limited travel upon request.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Create deliverables for all aspects of business.
- Stock the product backlog with actionable and prioritized agile user stories.
- Facilitate requirements elaboration of user stories with team members, including process- and data-modeling activities.
- Provide demonstrations with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with developers and testers on software test plans and execute if needed.
- Facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities.
- Partner with stakeholders to identify and provide content for internal training.
- Communicate effectively with all team members, project sponsors and stakeholders both technical and non-technical.
- Manage Team Kanban Board and daily stand ups.
- Work with stakeholders to understand, prioritize and estimate development resources required for new features.
- Execute responsibilities with an understanding of the product vision, strategic objectives, and priorities.
- Good knowledge of all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Good organizational skills with the proven ability to multitask and to “do what it takes” to get the job done.
- Must be able to identify project tasks, accurately estimate task completion dates and deliver on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Provide weekly updates for all assigned projects.
- Keep projects and initiatives in motion and delivered on time.
- Develop, lead, and execute organization readiness activities.
- Facilitate appropriate communication methods and tracking tools to ensure identification and management of risks, mitigation strategies, plan activities, dependencies, impacts, escalation channels, and detailed project documentation.
- Resolve project issues to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction expectations
- Responsible for project status reporting.
- Ensure all documentation is up to date.
- Minimum of 3-6 years of experience as a BA, writing requirements in an IT department or with a software company.
- Knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle, with an emphasis on requirements elicitation.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office.
- Intermediate experience using MS SQL Server
- Experience with SalesForce.com
- Experience using ‘Agile’ methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration or related discipline
- Business Analysis Certification preferred (CBAP – Certified Business Analysis Professional)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Project Management certifications
Travel Requirement: Limited Travel upon request
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top