Automation Test Engineer
Are you a perfectionist? Maybe even a little OCD? Do you have to have order in your world, a world where all possibilities are examined and analyzed? Do you believe in Murphy’s Law? Perhaps you’ve been a victim of Murphy’s Law, and pledged to never allow that to happen again. If you’ve answered “Yes!” to any of these questions, then you’ll love the Software Testing role here at Ultimate!
As an Automation Test Engineer, you will play a very important role in ensuring the quality and excellence of our products. You’ll be embedded on a development team consisting between 8-30 people where you can strut your stuff finding bugs and giving developers valuable input from a testing perspective. You’ll get to work directly with other Testers, Developers, Business Analysts, Product Managers, and team Directors, all of whom make up the team. In this highly-collaborative environment, you will have the opportunity to grow as a tester, and even help mentor others get to your level. Are you ready to get started? Apply Today!
Ultimate Software is located in South Florida, just outside of Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Most of our development team and open engineering positions are in this location, or our Atlanta office, but for the right candidate, working remotely can be made available.
Software testing at Ultimate Software: http://youtu.be/415TR1BEzyY
Take a look at our company culture: https://youtu.be/JrHGFIWX2R4
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
A Day in the Life:
- In your team’s daily standup meeting, you brag about that big bug you found at the end of the day yesterday, and walk a developer through it to get it fixed
- When a developer is picking up a story, they call the Business Analysts, a UX designer, and a tester to explain what the story is about during the story kickoff meeting. You give input on the story with a testing perspective
- After the story kick off meeting, you create and document test cases for those bleeding edge cases
- Exercise your C# knowledge by writing some automation using the latest in novel test case frameworks. These frameworks are developed in-house and supported by Selenium, coded UI, and sikuli
- A developer may come to you wanting you to review their unit test, and you make some really good suggestions
- You attend a design meeting with product analysts, UX designers, and developers, and give your input from a testing perspective on how to make an application testable
- Exploratory testing: this is when you get to let loose on the application – go crazy and try to break it! Bring out your inner Sid(Hope you don’t mind the Toy Story reference)
- Work with our seasoned test architects to develop and advance in your career. We can train you to get better with our in-house training in white box and black box testing
- Finally, before the day winds out, you demo your story to the BA, and it gets closed because you thought of every little thing
- Ability to write and test code in an object oriented language, preferably C#. (Java, Ruby, C++, VB.Net are also accepted, but must be able to ramp up to C# easily)
- Principles of OOP
- Some automation framework
- Testing in an agile environment
- Selenium knowledge/familiarity is preferred
- Have worked with a CI system (ex. TeamCity, or one of the Butlers…)
- Ability to write intermediate SQL code
- Knowledge of testing techniques/methodologies and how to apply them (white box, equivalence class partitioning, pairwise, state transition, boundary value, decision table)
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top