Associate Desktop Technician
Come join the multi-award winning Ultimate Software, a leading provider of unified human capital management (HCM) SaaS solutions for global businesses! We are seeking a Desktop TechnicianI to work in our Singapore office.
The Desktop Technicianwill provide technical support over the phone and in-person utilizing remote support tools such as GoToAssist Remote or Skype to our corporate employees in need of assistance with computer hardware or software problems, network connectivity problems, phone problems, etc. The ideal candidate must be capable of conversing with non-technical employees to understand their technical issues and concerns, providing a permanent resolution for the employee’s computer related issue.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2017 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain essential electronic devices and peripherals within the organization ensuring employees can accomplish business tasks.
- Identify and resolve technical issues associated with desktop/laptops, operating systems, application software, network, peripherals and mobile devices
- Provide off-site conference support for local conferences
- Assist office moves and new office gear setup
- Provision equipment for new hires and refreshes using JAMF and SCCM
- Provide assistance to the Infrastructure Team including testing, installation, configuration & patching
- Assist in the manual and/or limited automated implementation of new software applications or existing software/hardware solutions (i.e. patches, configuration changes, application updates, etc.)
- Provide phone support (i.e. answer calls, respond to voicemails, report outages)
- Utilize ServiceNow Service Management to document and track issues, requests and resolutions
- Manage individual incident queue resolving customer issues/requests within SLA
- Responsible for escalating all incidents and requesting the appropriate support
- At least 2 years of technical experience and working in a help desk/desktop environment.
- Experience working in a call center environment
- Technical proficiency with the Windows and Mac Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and laptop/desktop/printer hardware architecture
- Ability to prioritize and effectively execute tasks while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with troubleshooting basic level networking issues
- Experience with ServiceNow Service Desk is a plus
- Experience with JAMF/SCCM
- Strong organizational skills
- ITIL Foundations v3 certification
- Bachelor of Science degree and/or 2 years of work experience
- A+ Certification
- Network+ Certification
- Sitting for extended periods of time
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.
Back to top