Agency Relations Rep I
The Agency Relations Representative represents Ultimate Software with those tax agencies for which we do business with on behalf of our customers; act as a liaison for Ultimate Software to ensure all new changes, mandates, and requirements from the tax agencies are met before quarter-end month(s). The Agency Relations Representative has to be responsible to ensure Ultimate’s existing and new customers’ set up in our tax system are correct regarding to frequencies, rates, account numbers, tax codes, and anything related to customers’ data. The Agency Relations Representative must research and find ways to do data validation/exchange with the agencies from beginning to end. This position provides compliance support across the organization; therefore, is required to have above average knowledge of Ultimate’s tax system, and be accountable and have exceptional knowledge of the assigned jurisdictions. The Agency Relations Representative must be able to coordinate compliance processes and procedures across organizational and functional boundaries.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2018 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Assist in providing compliance and agency guidance to internal departments in regards to information on the assigned jurisdictions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Follow policies and procedures set by the department.
- Responsible for timely filing for all our customers monthly, QE, & YE (paper, e-file, Mag Media).
- Knowledge of state forms, rates, assessments, POAs, agencies’ systems, and any regulations & mandates.
- Develop and maintain a strong agency relationship with assigned jurisdictions year round.
- Maintain deposit frequencies, tax ID formats, payment methods, tax codes set up, filing methods, and anything related compliance functions.
- Excellent knowledge of our internal tax system; be able to do data extract and know your way around the system.
- Proactively address penalty and interest situations and potential issues to Team Lead and management.
- Responsible for all special handling/exception process and understand the process from start to finish for the assigned jurisdictions.
- Able to create Compliance Alerts and contribute at least two articles each year to the QE Newsletter.
- Return agency phone calls within 24 hours.
- Respond to specific agency requests within 72 hours.
- Respond to internal customer issues with 48 hours.
- Survey assigned jurisdictions at least once a month. Review prior filings and deposits to ensure that USG is 100% compliant with agency requirements
- Builds and maintains strong peer relationships within the team and across the organization.
- Meets all internal and external deadlines year round.
- Responsible to resolve mass issues within the time frame set by the department, and to communicate relevant updates to affected stakeholders and compliance consumers.
- Work on cases and ensure to meet the requirements set by the department.
- Leverage technologies and system capabilities to resolve problems instead of manually fixing the problems.
- Be able to manage projects and run reports as required.
- Experience with the tax filing service business.
- 3-5 years of payroll tax industry experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Must possess above excellent written, verbal, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Self-starter and work well under tight deadlines.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation is desirable.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.
Back to top