UKG is looking for a Senior Data Engineer who can also perform as a Technical Lead to join our analytics experts team within the Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing product development Organization.
The individual will be responsible for optimizing our existing data platform and helping to build our next generation streaming analytics pipelines. The ideal candidate has significant experience designing and building streaming and batch data pipelines, along with experience in data, business intelligence and analytics. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products along with mentoring and leading junior team members as needed.
As a Technical Lead/Senior Data Engineer at UKG, you'll be embedded on a development team where you can work on the next generation of internet software. You'll get to work directly with other Developers, Software Testers, Business Analysts, Product Managers, and Directors, all of whom make up the team. In this highly collaborative environment, you will have the opportunity to grow as a software engineer and help mentor others.
The Technical Lead/Sr. Data Engineer position requires excellent Object-Oriented programming and Design Pattern skills with deep expertise building streaming and batch data pipelines. The Senior Data Engineer will be involved in the deployment of our enterprise software solution to the cloud. The job requires you to be able to design, develop, troubleshoot and debug enterprise data streaming software solutions. The qualified candidate for this role is someone who has a can-do attitude and is an innovative thinker.
From technology perspectives, you will have opportunities to (and will be asked to) be exposed to the modern agile cloud-based data technologies. The team will be empowered to select the right technology, if necessary, based on customer needs and you will have the full set of data services in your toolbox.
• Translate business requirements into written specifications then build, test and deploy complex streaming and batch data pipelines
• Design, model, develop & optimize data pipelines to meet data management objectives
• Design and model data flows and procedures ensuring data quality and integrity
• Working with other data engineers and application engineers to ensure that data sets feeding the analytics platforms are tuned for optimal performance
• Provide input into the technical architecture and the data warehouse technology stack
• Create and maintain functional and technical design documents
• Architect, design, implement and support a platform providing secured access to large datasets
• Identify, design and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
• Work with key personnel to assist with data-related technical issues and product support
• 4+ years Public Cloud Development Experience building data pipelines using batch and streaming technologies
• 7+ years of experience working as data engineer
• 7+ years of experience with detailed knowledge of BI data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT and reporting/analytic tools
• 4+ years of experience with deploying apps using docker/containers/K8s
• 4+ years of experience working with CI tools like Jenkins/Maven/Teamcity to build pipelines for deployment and infrastructure set up
• 5+ years of experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages like Python, Java, Scala, Spring, etc.
• 5 years of experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
• 7+ years' engaging and working with cross-functional enterprise level software development projects using Agile development methodologies and leading teams of at least 5 engineers
• 1+ years of data science experience with building regression, classification models
• 4+ years working on CQRS design pattern
• 4+ years Akka or Kafka streams
• 4+ years Events-driven architecture
• 4+ years working with MongoDB/NoSQL environments
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Knowledge of microservices architecture
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated, continuous improvement mindset and willing to "do what it takes" to get the job done
• Experience with or understanding of Agile/Lean Software Development practices such as Kanban or Scrum
• Ability to manage and balance multiple deliverables concurrently in an environment with shifting priorities
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com or please call 1 (978) 250 9800.