Here at UKG, our purpose is people™. Our HR, payroll, and workforce management solutions help organizations unlock happier outcomes for all. And our U Krewers, who build those solutions and support our business, are talented, collaborative, and innovative problem-solvers. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people - both at work and at home. Our benefits show that we care about the whole you, from adoption and surrogacy assistance to tuition reimbursement and wellness programs. Our employee resource groups provide a welcoming place to land, learn, and connect with those who share your passions and interests. What are you waiting for? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers #WeAreUKG
Description & Qualifications
About the Team:
The Principal Vulnerability Researcher is responsible for leading major components of research and management of vulnerabilities across UKG. You collaborate with a highly skilled team who is responsible for understanding technical vulnerabilities, their risk and probability of impact to the organization, as well as tracking identified vulnerabilities throughout their lifecycle.
This hybrid position is responsible for all tasks related to vulnerability management in a complex environment that demands one to stay current with emerging technologies and vulnerabilities. Attributes we will look for in our candidates include excellent technical and analytical skills, communication and flexibility, innovative thinking and problem solving.
In addition, this position is responsible for analyzing security vulnerabilities and determining if there is an attack surface and impact. The ideal candidate understands the full cycle of a software vulnerability, from exploitation to mitigation.
• Drive vulnerability management tasks inside the company, including processing reports, tracking items and their remediation, analyzing trends and reporting
• Maintain a working knowledge of current and emerging AppSec threats, such as how they work, remediation and exploitability factors
• Map vulnerability assessment results to asset inventory
• Recalculate severity for risks that decrease due to exploitability limitations and threats, prioritizing vulnerabilities based on residual risks
• Identify and recommend appropriate measures to manage and remediate vulnerabilities with the focus on reducing potential impacts on information resources to a level acceptable
• Creation of vulnerability metrics and remediation-related dashboards and reports
• Understands and advises on enterprise policies and technical standards with specific regard to vulnerability management and secure configuration
• Liaise with stakeholders to understand, prioritize, and coordinate vulnerability remediation activities
• Maintain awareness of publicly disclosed vulnerabilities (CVEs) and potential vulnerabilities (rumors, blogs, partial public analysis)
• Ability to fully understand business requirements and work with business partners to define appropriate solutions, meeting both security mandates and business needs
• Engage cross-divisional teams and oversee the implementation of security recommendations by leveraging appropriate communication methods, tracking remediation of identified risks, mitigation strategies, plan activities and dependencies
• Execute responsibilities with an understanding of the Global Security vision, strategic objectives, and priorities risk
• Understanding of the OWASP Top 10 and emerging attack vectors
• Vulnerability and CVE research experience
• Previous experience with vulnerability management lifecycle.
• Experience with application and infrastructure vulnerabilities scanning tools (SAST, SCA and infrastructure scanners).
• 5-7 years experience with cloud security posture management (CSPM) process and tools (e.g., GCP Security Command Center, Wiz, etc.).
• 5-7 years experience with systems administration and/or programming and penetration testing
• Demonstrated ability to work well independently with little input, and as a part of a team.
• Preferred certifications: OSCP, GMON, GWAPT, GXPN, GPEN, GWAPT or OSWE.
• Demonstrate knowledge of IT security / hardening best practices; including but not limited to operating systems, web applications, and network devices.
• Vulnerability discovery and exploit creation.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO Know Your Rights poster and its supplement.
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com.