Principal Software Engineer (cassandra)
- Noida, India
UKG is hiring an experienced Database Administrator who can develop next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance data solutions
• Perform Database Administration activities with Cassandra
• Work with our Data Architect to build robust data pipelines for our Enterprise Environment via Java (Scala) in a virtualized environment
• Monitor SQL/NoSQL performance and optimize table indexes to increase query performance
• Develop and optimize complex NoSQL schema structures.
• Build and support Cassandra / DataStax cluster nodes
• Own the architecture for complete end to end solutions comprised of multiple components/products/services based on our embedded analytics solution using Spark and Cassandra.
• 10+ experience working as DBA with at least 4 years in Cassandra DB
• Bachelor's/Master's in Engineering/ Computer Science or equivalent experience with excellent academics from a reputed college
• Solid understanding of Cassandra data modeling patterns and anti-patterns, and hands-on experience, with 2-3 live projects.
• Deep understanding of the Cassandra architecture concepts, such as - Cluster Structure, Partitioner, Read/Write Path, Replication, Tunable Consistency, Read Repairs
• Experience in data modeling in Cassandra with a focus on User-Driven Data Modeling (UDDM) and data life cycle management in Cassandra
• Experience scaling Cassandra clusters to support high read/write throughput and tuning Cassandra & the JVM for low-latency response times.
• Cassandra capacity planning, installation, and deployment
• Experience developing, deploying, and supporting ETL workflows along with optimizing queries
• Knowledge of traditional and modern data warehouse methodologies
• Expert level SQL with the ability to create and evaluate complex SQL statements, stored procedures, and index tables
Nice to Have
• Google Cloud Platform infrastructure deployments - application resource management in Google Cloud Platform environment(s)
• Experience working with any other No SQL Database
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com or please call 1 (978) 250 9800.
Back to top