Principal Performance Engineer
- Lowell, MA
**Newly created role within UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) for candidates in the Lowell, MA or New Hampshire region. 100% work from home till at least end June 2021.
The Principal Performance Engineer will be a member of a Global Performance Team and will have the following responsibilities:
• Strong Performance engineering concepts, strong aptitude for Performance test planning, identifying performance requirements/targets, test prioritization, schedule/environment/issue management
• Strong/extensive hands on experience in performance testing/execution
• Strong aptitude towards performance investigation, troubleshooting, sharing reports/insights
•Test development experience with strong problem-solving skills, fluent/aptitude for coding
• Performance engineering experience such as, instrumentation/APM (dynaTrace), mocking/service virtualization, insights/reporting
• Experience in modeling/simulation of complex scenario and comprehensive end to end automation
• Continuous Load/Test automation development experience
• Provide suggestions for improvement in Development or Testing practices to increase efficiency
• Review development designs and requirements to inform the appropriate parties of potential performance implications of the new enhancements
• Work with the Product Management teams to develop and enhance Customer based performance scenarios; and to set testing criteria to meet or achieve these standards as future versions are released
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
• 10 - 15 years of Experience in Software Development / Testing
• 7+ years' experience in Performance Testing
• Experience with Web Services (REST API, Soap API), Web/Cloud based applications
• Experience with multiple Database management systems preferably PostgresSQL
• Experience in testing browser and servers side performance including profiling tools
• Demonstrated ability to work in a cross geographical team
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and define best practices for performance
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com or please call 1 (978) 250 9800.
Back to top