Principal Cloud Architect
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
Principal Cloud Architect at UKG are hybrid Network/System Architects that have a breadth of knowledge encompassing all aspects of cloud computing and service delivery. They develop cloud solutions to enhance, harden and support our service delivery processes. They have expertise in many disciplines such as building and managing cloud infrastructures, automated testing, security and compliance, capacity planning, performance analysis, monitoring, alerting, chaos engineering and auto remediation. They also understand software delivery to the cloud and the tools and processes that empower efficient and resilient delivery.
Principal Cloud Architect at UKG must have a passion for learning and evolving with current technology trends. They strive to innovate and are relentless in their pursuit of a flawless customer experience. They have a growth mindset, helping our company leverage the cloud to deliver services with incredible speed, consistency and availability. They serve as mentors to the engineering and technical thought leaders to help with development of our current and future architects.
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from conception, to inception, including: system design consulting, and capacity planning
- Define and implement standards and best practices related to: System Architecture, Deployment, metrics, operational tasks
- Participate and contribute to the development of the architecture community (committees, guilds, etc.)
- Work with leaders to understand business objectives and align architectures and cloud product offerings with those objectives
- Engage in communications across all areas of the organization
- Extensive experience in designs and consumption of various public and private cloud platforms, architectures, methodologies, and services
- Experience with cloud infrastructure automation and software delivery practices and patterns
- Proficient with conducting Return on Investment and Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Research and consult on public and hybrid cloud infrastructure and operational solutions
- Provide guidance on security configurations and risk and compliance procedures (Identity Management, Network Configuration, Data Protection, Segregation of Duties)
- Development of guidance around cloud platform best practices and standards
- Coordinate with engineering and architecture teams to ensure continuity of solutions
- Advise on best practices for improving operational processes
- Interpret enterprise class assessments (objectives, data collection, analysis, and reporting against objectives)
- Experience with BCP/DR (Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery) patterns, practices, and designs
- Experience with Cloud based applications and their lifecycles
- Experience with Kubernetes and Containerization Technologies
- Experience with Microsoft and Linux Technologies
- Experience with VMWare or other Virtual Server Software
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of applications such as web servers, load balancers, relational databases, storage systems and messaging systems
- Experience with MongoDB, MySQL, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, and others
- Experience with operating system performance tuning, hardening, and troubleshooting
- Experience with TCP/IP L3 routing, L7 traffic management, performance monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Experience learning software, frameworks and APIs
- Ability and willingness to work evenings / nights on occasion.
- Ability to lead and work in projects
- Experience with Site Reliability Engineering, Systems Performance Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with distributed system design and architecture
- Experience building and managing CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience with Production level monitoring and alerting with tools like Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Splunk etc.
- Experience in people leadership roles is preferred
- A BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field of study is preferred
- No unique physical requirements
- Limited Travel Upon request
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
UKG will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company's online employment application, please contact email@example.com.
It has come to our attention that some people have been contacted online by persons impersonating job recruiters for Ultimate Software. These fraudulent "recruiters" have used Gmail accounts to contact, and have requested personal information, such as depositing a check to purchase work-related supplies. These are not legitimate recruiters or job offers, and do not represent Ultimate Software. To safely apply for and view open positions at Ultimate Software, please click "Apply" and follow the instructions. Note that our recruiter emails always come from an official ultimatesoftware.com email address.
If you suspect you have been the victim of this or a related fraud, immediately contact your financial institution, and then file a complaint with the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center at www.ic3.gov. If you shared other personal or sensitive information, you may need to take additional actions relative to what was shared. Your local law enforcement department may also be able to assist. For any general security related questions regarding Ultimate, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top