- Noida, India
This architecture role is a hands-on role combining technical expertise with strategic vision and mentoring in the field of continuous integration, continuous delivery, engineering efficiency, containerization and engineering operations. A successful candidate will have deep expertise in all phases of the software development lifecycle as well as expert-level knowledge of the systems, technologies and strategies used to automate and release software in a cloud environment.
You will work with our engineering deployment and pipeline teams to architect the engineering build, deployment, testing and release pipeline. You will be the part of an architecture team responsible for overall system wide consistency, performance and efficiency.
• Has an excellent, hands-on understanding of tools and techniques required to plan, build and run a development (DevOps) pipeline for container-based, cloud-based services
• Clearly articulate, define and execute on pipeline strategic vision based on business and engineering objectives
• With other architects, develop architecture standards for containerization and deployment designs
• Analyze current state of pipeline and assess strengths, weaknesses and fit for purpose
• Perform technology assessments and recommendations for third-party or open-source products, against a set of desired capabilities and features
• Follow current market and technology trends in DevOps/CI/CD/pipeline tooling and provide regular updates to engineering and architecture management
• Active engagement with development teams to understand opportunities for improvement, pain points, gaps and work with pipeline engineering to develop a roadmap and plan to address
• Active work with pipeline engineering team to develop and execute a pipeline scorecard and associated metrics to track engineering and pipeline efficiency
• Anticipate and plan for organizational and engineering impact related to pipeline changes
• Develop architecture standards and practices for pipeline development, enhancement and maintenance
• Must have experience with containers and/or container management systems, such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker, etc.
• Deep knowledge of build automation tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Packer, etc. is required
• Good knowledge of cloud deployment tools such as Chef, Puppet, Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.
• Knowledge of version control systems such as git, with complex, distributed team and branch strategies is good to have
• Working knowledge of any cloud platforms such as Google GCP or AWS is preferred
• Understanding of software development lifecycle stages required to support automated testing and verification tools
• Working knowledge of defect and work-tracking systems such as JIRA
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kronos, a UKG Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Kronos, a UKG Company participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com or please call 1 (978) 250 9800. 800.
Back to top