- Ankara, Turkey
About the Role:
Engineers in the Payments team are dedicated to implement strategic billing and payment operations to support hundreds of transactions per minute globally. Our system supports hundreds of different payment methods globally, state of the art integration capabilities with top payment vendors (Stripe, PayPal, Adyen), full-stack responsible for all the purchase flow, scaled to payout thousands of instructors monthly, and always refactored to lead the way. The team plays a mission critical role in Udemy to ensure all the monetization capabilities are highly resilient and always provide the high quality experience.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- You will be working in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment, which requires collaboration with product managers, designers and engineers to identify opportunities and implement solutions.
- You will be actively involved in every part of the software development cycle, such as designing, coding, reviewing, and test writing.
- You will relentlessly refactor existing systems to make them more robust, maintainable, and scalable.
- You will be using best software development practices and processes, and willing to spread this knowledge/experience to the team.
- You’ll be contributing to a team culture that values openness, quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering innovation.
We're excited about you because you:
- Have BS/MS in CS or equivalent discipline.
- Have 1+ years of professional software development experience.
- Are team-oriented, friendly, reliable, humble, receptive to feedback, and gain satisfaction from teamwork.
- Are a great learner, and always seek for improvement points.
- Have a deep sense of quality, and sharp engineering skills with strong CS fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and software design abilities including object-oriented design patterns.
- Are self-driven, own your services by all dimensions and intrinsically have a desire to get things done
- Have experience in developing web applications.
Nice to have:
- Experience with at least one modern language such as Python, Java, Kotlin
- Have basic understanding about software design of large-scale, caching, resiliency, databases, service-oriented architecture, object-oriented design and distributed programming.
- Experience with scalable data processing techniques such as Kafka, Spark, ElasticSearch, Celery
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Testing methods and practices.
With a mission to improve lives through learning, Udemy is the world’s largest online learning destination that helps students, businesses, and governments gain the skills they need to compete in today’s economy. Millions of students are mastering new skills from 65,000 instructors teaching over 183,000 online courses in topics from programming and data science to leadership and team building. For companies, Udemy Business offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to more than 11,000 courses in our Udemy Business catalog, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Udemy Business is designed to upskill workers and prepare them for the jobs of tomorrow.
Udemy maintains hubs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Denver, Austin, Boston, Melbourne, Sao Paulo, Dublin, New Delhi, Ankara, Istanbul and Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. Udemy investors include Insight Partners, Prosus (Naspers Ventures), Norwest Venture Partners, and Stripes.
Udemy in the News
Back to top