Software Engineer - Recommendations
- Mountain View, CA
Udemy is looking for a software engineer to join our Recommendations Team. Udemy’s personalized recommendations system is composed of batch (e.g., feature and machine learning pipelines), streaming (i.e., feature computation in real-time), and online (i.e., microservices to serve personalized recommendations) components. The team is responsible for all these components, as well as the underlying algorithms and evaluation methodologies.
In this role, you will design, build, and integrate scalable systems, platforms, and tools to provide better recommendations and personalization data with low latency. You will work in a wide stack, including both data-related technologies and backend development, as a part of a cross-functional agile team of software engineers, data scientists, and product managers.
Are you passionate about learning, willing to take technical challenges, care about making an impact, and looking for a diverse, collaborative, and fun environment that also values quality? If so, come help us improve lives through learning at Udemy!
- Design, develop, test, and deploy recommendation- and personalization-related systems, platforms, and tools at scale.
- Translate data science prototypes into scalable production implementations.
- Partner with data scientists to troubleshoot and optimize complex data pipelines.
- Collaborate with data scientists, engineers, and product managers to identify opportunities to improve our platform through personalization.
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Proficiency with Python, Java, Kotlin, or Scala Self-driven, highly motivated, and able to learn quickly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with the design, development, and operational maintenance of large-scale platforms and services
- Experience with data storage and processing frameworks such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, MySQL, Redis, and Cassandra Experience with machine learning
- Experience with Spark MLlib
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Back to top