Software Engineer - Data Platform
- Mountain View, CA
Our mission at Udemy is to improve lives through learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by mastering new skills on Udemy.
The Data Platform team’s mission is to build the tools, services and infrastructure that empower data scientists, analysts and engineers to use data effectively and to achieve our overall mission. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for a variety of software development projects ranging from scaling the data infrastructure to setting up new internal data services/products to building and expanding frameworks that enable others to more easily develop data pipelines.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Design, build and manage a scalable and robust data platform and infrastructure
- Collaborate with data scientists and engineers to solve complex data problems at scale
- Contribute to a team culture that values inclusiveness and quality while fostering innovation
We’re excited about you because you have:
- At least 1 year of full-time experience working in software engineering, data engineering, data infrastructure, or equivalent
- Solid software engineering skills and proficiency with object-oriented or functional programming languages, such as Python, Scala, Java, etc
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and able to learn quickly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Great if you have but not required:
- Experience with data processing frameworks and tools, such as Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, etc
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform, Ansible and Packer
- Experience in developing end-to-end data pipelines
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Back to top