ABOUT THE ROLE:
Do you love what you do? Are you passionate about programming? If you love challenges and strive for excellence, come build the future of learning with us! We are a small, collaborative, fun group of engineers looking for someone like you to become part of our team. Our user facing projects are diverse, interesting, and innovative. Our work is impactful; we help people improve their lives through learning. We leverage the latest technologies (Python, Django, React, Redis, RabbitMQ), adopt industry best practices and iterate in fast-paced release environment. You will see the positive results of your work weekly. We don’t forget to celebrate and have fun. Come and grow with us!
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Designing, developing, testing, and releasing features for Udemy’s user facing products that are crucial for business expansion and growth
- Collaborating with product managers, designers and engineers to identify opportunities and implement solutions that provide positive value to our students and our business
- Planning, organizing, and completing work within agile sprints. Communicate effectively on progress and meeting expectations
- Participating in code reviews, design discussions, and develop features and solutions that scale
- Serving as a technical lead for various projects/tasks as needed
- Using best software development practices and processes to coach and mentor junior engineers to become proficient developers
- Contributing to a team culture that values openness, quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering innovation
- Identifying and evaluating new technologies that improve performance, maintainability and elegance of our software implementation
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 7+ years of experience as a full-stack software engineer
- Experience with Object Oriented software design patterns and computer science fundamentals (e.g. data structures, algorithms)
- Web application development using modern framework experience
- Knowledge of Web Framework ORMs (e.g. Django, Rails, Zend, etc.)
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages such as Ruby, PHP (minimum 2 years), etc
- Experience with Relational DB (e.g. MySQL) including development of complex SQL queries
- Linux and/or Unix experience
- Experience with real-time messaging and NoSQL infrastructures: Redis, RabbitMQ, Celery.
- Knowledge of testing methods, including unit and integration tests
- Ability to learn and work with existing code bases, up and down the software stack
- Willingness to "go the extra mile" when needed
- Architectural and Design expertise
Be great if you have:
- Made contributions to open source projects
- Public speaking experiences or written technical blog skills
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, millions of students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is publicly traded and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, or a sincerely-held religious belief, we will consider requests for accommodation.
Udemy in the News