Senior Software Engineer - Payments
- Dublin, Ireland
Udemy is looking for experienced software engineers to join our team. As Udemy grows, our services and operations, held after users made purchase, play a crucial role. As a senior member of our newly building Post-Charge Operations Team, you will design, build, and integrate backend systems, platforms, and tools for both internal and external clients.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Main concentration area of services includes, but is not limited to, refund services, chargeback and dispute integrations with multiple payments gateways. Team scope sits in the middle of Udemy’s core transaction and revenue operations, which requires consuming and/or building (micro)services for the other systems.
- As a senior member of the team, you will be working in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment, interacting with product managers, designers and engineers to identify opportunities and implement solutions.
- You will relentlessly refactor existing systems to make them more robust, maintainable, and scalable.
- You will function as a technical lead for various projects/tasks as needed. This may involve some project planning, resource planning, and deployment planning in addition to your software engineering responsibilities.
- You will mentor junior engineers to become proficient developers using best software development practices and processes.
We’re excited about you because you:
- Have strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems.
- Are self-driven, own your services by all dimensions and intrinsically have a desire to get things done.
- Have built and consumed internal/external APIs (including, but not limited to REST).
- Have superior design and architecture knowledge, as well as familiarity with object-oriented design patterns.
- Have demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and effective communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Python, Django
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Redis, and MySQL
- Familiarity with one or more cloud services such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Scalable data processing techniques: Kafka, RabbitMQ, Celery
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Back to top