Senior Product Manager, Marketplace Experience
- Austin, TX
We are looking for a strong Product leader to continue grow our global learning marketplace. We strive to develop the next wave of learning experiences sought by millions of consumers and employees to develop the skills of the future. This is a critical role that requires collaboration with design, data science, pricing, marketing and other key functions to make it easier for learners to find the right course, path and instructor. Success requires understanding how to create business value by delivering value to our instructors and students. It’s a complex but thrilling challenge.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Set and meet business targets and deliver against corporate priorities
- Deeply understand both instructor and learner needs and their competitive alternatives.
- Work with data and marketing, constantly monitor our user behaviors and key metrics to find opportunities to remove user frictions, add value, and increase revenue.
- Collaboratively lead the team in defining the strategy, priorities, and execution cadence. Support and enable other teams to introduce and explore innovations within the marketplace experience.
- Partner with our amazing design team and provide clear context so they can create amazing search and discovery experiences.
- Build an in-depth understanding of our B2B customers, internal users, integrations, systems, API’s, marketing tools, platforms, and channels.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration to deliver successful products and/or features. We are a global matrix organization, and connecting the dots is a critical skill. Drive new user acquisition and growth in partnership with SEO and paid acquisition marketing teams.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- BA / BS required, ideally in a technical field
- 5+ years of product management experience shipping consumer-facing products, ideally with ecommerce marketplaces.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to develop a clear strategy, prioritized roadmap, and go to market approach for navigation our ecosystem
- Effectively communicate progress to leadership and stakeholders
- Great attention to detail but base your strategy on the big picture objectives
- Understand how technology can solve customer problems and can engage in the details with the engineering team to find simpler solutions
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies and tools
- Passion about the education space and the problems we are solving
- Comfortable collaborating with local and remote Product and Engineering teams (San Francisco and Turkey)
Nice to haves:
- Experience with delivering supply side products for two-sided marketplaces/platforms
- Experience with SQL for pulling and analyzing data
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Back to top