Senior Manager, Content Marketing - Udemy Business
- San Francisco, CA
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced B2B Senior Manager, Content Marketing to lead our team responsible for bringing our thought leadership and business narrative to life through compelling, engaging and strategic content. The team you’ll lead and the work you’ll produce will directly impact the growth of our business and be a core function in our go-to-market strategy. Udemy Business has experienced tremendous growth over the last few years and this role will be a key player in helping us achieve our acquisition goals as we continue to scale the business.
The Senior Manager, Content Marketing will be responsible for setting the strategy and direction of our demand generation content. You’ll also partner with our Product Marketing and Customer Marketing teams to ensure we develop a long-term strategy that will work across the business. You’ll be in a highly collaborative role, managing a small team of full-time and contract writers, and working very closely with other marketers across the organization. We are looking for a leader with an analytical mindset, who has excellent written and verbal communication skills (communication skills cannot be emphasized enough) and an innovative approach to content creation across a variety of formats.
This role reports to our Director of Demand Generation and is based in our San Francisco or Denver office.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Lead your team in crafting thoughtful, compelling and approachable content briefs that lead to tangible, positive results for our audience.
- Focus on winning the hearts and minds of our global prospects, customers and partners - via applicable content and channels.
- Develop a global content strategy in partnership with our Integrated Campaign Manager, AMER, EMEA and APAC teams.
- Successfully influence pipeline and prospect engagement for our sales team by partnering with other marketers to bring in and nurture new, high-quality leads across a wide variety of channels.
- A mix of strategy and tactics. You’ll ideate and execute new formats of content that serve our customers and prospects throughout the funnel. Important - you will be on the hook for producing content each quarter.
- Research and analysis on past content performance in order to inform your roadmap. You’ll regularly report on content performance so we know exactly what’s working, what’s not, and how we can best hit our goals.
- Partner with sales and marketing leadership to plan and adjust quarterly priorities and goals.
- Develop and implement content processes and guidelines (including scalable content models, messaging strategies, lead gen content marketing tactics, etc.).
We're excited about you because you have:
- 5-7 years of B2B content marketing experience in the SaaS space.
- A deep love for delivering delightful experiences through content.
- A track record of using data to find and scale profitable content that helps marketing teams hit acquisition goals. You’re a content marketing leader who loves spreadsheets!
- A strong bias toward action and the ability to lead your team to become experts who can write and produce content that serves the entire sales and marketing funnel.
- Hands-on experience developing the content strategy and writing for a variety of formats, including ebooks, one-pagers, guides, webinars, etc.
- Experience with Marketing Technology tools and systems like Marketo, Google Analytics, Salesforce among others. Expert in Content Marketing, Analytics, and SEO.
- Experience managing complex projects, meeting deadlines, and handling several projects at a time with high attention to detail. We’re very serious about meeting our commitments!
- The passion and ability to coach and mentor others. You’ve led a team of direct report(s) before, helped to grow people and help them develop their skills, and are committed to being a positive role model and leader for your team and peers.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, millions of students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity,passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Udemy in the News
Back to top