Udemy is looking for a senior machine learning engineer to join our Marketing Personalization Algorithms team. The team is focused on using machine learning approaches to drive a highly personalized user experience on Udemy, such as tailoring the content, channel, time, and frequency of each communication or offering personalized promotions for each learner to drive retention and engagement. We have a cross-functional agile team of data scientists, machine learning engineers, software engineers, and product managers to build these complex personalization products. The team is responsible for both data science solutions and their implementation at scale.
In this role, you will design and build scalable personalization solutions as part of a cross-functional team to provide a better marketing experience. As an ML engineer, you will be expected to show competency in end-to-end machine learning product development. Your main responsibility will be to develop personalization systems, platforms, and tools at scale. But, in some cases, you will be expected to own the model development part as well.
We are passionate about moving fast, learning, making an impact, and quality. We are willing to take on new technical challenges. We are interested in building a diverse, collaborative, and fun environment. Come help us improve lives through learning!
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Design, develop, test, and deploy personalization systems, platforms, and tools at scale
- Translate data science prototypes into scalable production implementations
- Contribute to re-architecting Udemy’s next-generation personalization systems
- Contribute to improving ML lifecycle and related tools at Udemy
- Collaborate with data scientists, engineers, and product managers to identify opportunities to improve our platform through personalization
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 3+ years of full-time experience with ML engineering or data engineering or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented design
- Strong knowledge of machine learning lifecycle and hands-on experience on a variety of fundamental methods
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience in building complex data products at scale
- Good understanding of parallel and distributed computing
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and able to learn quickly
Great if you have but not required:
- Experience with big data storage and processing frameworks such as Hadoop, Hive, and Spark
- Experience with Kafka, Redis, and Cassandra
- Experience with the design, development, and operational maintenance of large-scale platforms and services
- Strong knowledge of natural language processing
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, millions of students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity,passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Udemy in the News