Senior Frontend Engineer
- Istanbul, Turkey
Udemy engineering team works closely with other engineering teams, as well as our product management and design team peers, to develop the core experience for learners on our platform, helping them find the right course and engage directly with course content. We are looking for a principal frontend engineer to join us in building what comes next.
Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Collaborating with other engineering, product management, and design, teams to define initiatives and features
- Provide technical leadership to the team by providing feedback on architecture, design, code as well as helping make technical choices
- Developing, testing, documenting, and releasing end-to-end features for Udemy's web application that supports over 50 million students worldwide and 150,000 courses
- Planning, organizing, and getting work done in 2-week sprints
- Participating in code reviews as well as post-deployment site monitoring
- Mentoring team members in software development best practices and processes
- Leading by example and contribute to a team culture that values quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering innovation
- Researching and evaluating new technologies that may improve our processes or code bases
- At times, functioning as a technical lead for various projects/tasks. This may involve some project, resource, and deployment planning in additional to software engineering responsibilities
We’re Excited About You Because You Have
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Knowledge of modern JS libraries/frameworks (e.g. React, Angular, JQuery, etc.) as well as MobX and Webpack
- Build responsive web/mobile design, handle page navigation and turn mock-ups into web pages quickly and according to spec
- Experience building Frontend Applications using web services/RESTful API's, and event driven real-time systems
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Participate fully in code reviews and work with internal designers, developers and QA to ensure quality code.
- Knowledge of testing methods, including front-end unit and integration tests
- The ability to learn, work with, and migrate, existing code bases.
With a mission to improve lives through learning, Udemy is the world’s largest online learning destination that helps students, businesses, and governments gain the skills they need to compete in today’s economy. Millions of students are mastering new skills from 65,000 instructors teaching over 183,000 online courses in topics from programming and data science to leadership and team building. For companies, Udemy Business offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to more than 11,000 courses in our Udemy Business catalog, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Udemy Business is designed to upskill workers and prepare them for the jobs of tomorrow.
Udemy maintains hubs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Denver, Austin, Boston, Melbourne, Sao Paulo, Dublin, New Delhi, Ankara, Istanbul and Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. Udemy investors include Insight Partners, Prosus (Naspers Ventures), Norwest Venture Partners, and Stripes.
Udemy in the News
Back to top