Senior Director, Demand Generation
- San Francisco, CA
ABOUT UDEMY FOR BUSINESS
The Udemy for Business Marketing team is responsible for finding, growing and engaging organizations of all sizes that are in need of a modern, fresh, and engaging learning platform. We own the narrative, messaging and positioning for Udemy for Business and drive strategic direction for the business. We believe in smart marketing that is clear, compelling and based on data. We're growing our team rapidly and building out a best-in-class B2B marketing team.
The problems we're solving are big: the rapidly changing business landscape is forcing people to refresh their skills more frequently. Employees today seek and expect ongoing learning and development from their employer. Fueled by Udemy's unique and powerful content marketplace we are able to deliver on-demand and relevant learning content to organizations to close the skills gap. Udemy for Business offers a bespoke learning solution to companies around the globe, allowing them to choose from an extensive portfolio of 150,000 courses taught by 57,000 expert instructors from over 60 countries.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re looking for an experienced and dynamic Director/Sr. Director of Demand Generation to lead our global B2B marketing efforts for Udemy for Business. In the last few years we’ve experienced tremendous growth, are coming off of a phenomenal 2019 and we’re looking to bring on a marketing leader that can grow and scale our business through 2020 and beyond.
The Director of Demand Generation will build and lead a world-class team of marketers across growth marketing, demand generation, account-based marketing (ABM), content marketing, integrated marketing, paid acq, and SEO/SEM. This person will report to the VP of Marketing and drive a global acquisition strategy throughout the marketing funnel. This person will collaborate cross-functionally with the Consumer Marketing team, Sales, Customer Success, Product, Research, Design, and Brand teams to deliver world-class marketing programs that drive new enterprise acquisition, engagement, and loyalty.
This role is based in San Francisco and will include limited travel, both domestic and international.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Manage and understand the entire marketing and sales cycle, from acquisition to close, to improve pipeline growth and velocity across the funnel in partnership with a growing sales team.
- Build and execute effective marketing programs across the customer journey to optimize and accelerate pipeline generation.
- Set a growth strategy that serves as a vision and north star for the team and the business.
- Leverage data to make intelligent, informed recommendations, decisions, and forecasts regarding our demand generation strategies, target account plans, and paid investments.
- Drive new levels of cross-channel and integrated marketing and ensure our marketing activities are aligned and planned well in advance.
- Ensure no lead left behind in partnership with sales, revenue operations. Manage and optimize lead management including lead scoring, lead routing and efficient handovers processes to the sales team.
- Create a team environment that bolsters innovation and cross-department collaboration across the Product team, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, PR, Events Marketing, Revenue Operations, and Analytics.
- Augment, refine and evangelize our measurement of success. Create best practices to streamline reporting processes and drive effective communications to get information to the right stakeholders in a timely manner.
We're excited about you because you have:
- 15+ years of professional experience with at least 7+ years leading a team in demand generation, growth marketing, or digital marketing in a B2B Saas organization.
- A love of analytics and a proven track record of analyzing campaign performance and identifying actionable insights to achieve your key metrics.
- Big picture thinking and meticulous attention to detail--you’re able to quickly understand overall business objectives, create a well-aligned marketing strategy and drive yourself and your team towards execution.
- Exceptional ability to lead, influence and work across organizational boundaries with a strong track record building excellent relationships with a broad range of peers and executives.
- Proficiency in marketing automation systems (like Marketo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, among others) and integrating those systems with other technologies
- Agile and able to adapt quickly, operating in a high growth business.
- The ability to multi-task and handle a multitude of different responsibilities at one time.
- Foster a productive, collaborative, and invigorating team environment for your immediate and surrounding teams.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Back to top