Udemy is looking for an experienced data scientist to partner with our payments team. As a data scientist working on payments, you will draw on a combination of quantitative methods and product intuition to find actionable insights to deliver an efficient, trustworthy, and seamless commerce experience for Udemy’s learners, instructors, and organizations.
As a Data Scientist working payments, you will be partnering with business leaders, product managers, designers, engineers, and other data scientists to identify, scope, and execute data-driven analyses to inform business decisions. You will also serve as a subject matter expert when interfacing with data scientists and other stakeholders. Finally, you will act as a data evangelist to create a data-driven culture across the company. Success in this role requires a combination of business intuition, broad knowledge of statistical methods, practical data analysis experience, and strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to inform product and business direction
- Perform data analyses that may require causal inference to surface business insights
- Proactively influence prioritization through data-driven insights
- Provide technical mentorship to others
- Design and analyze standard experiments and conduct ad hoc analyses
- Define metrics and build dashboards to track product and business health
- Construct data pipelines and ETLs to power analyses and dashboards
- Continuously improve the quality and accessibility of data
- Knowledge and willingness to use the right tool (a scripted model, a dashboard, a presentation) for each analysis
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a combination of business/analytics roles (e.g., data science/analytics, management consulting, or business operations)
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders
- Strong business intuition and judgement
- Extensive knowledge of applied statistics, experimental design, and causal inference/econometrics
- Expert level data storytelling and data visualization ability
- Expert SQL ability and proficiency with 1+ programming languages (e.g., R or Python)
- Experience building data pipelines and ETLs
- Experience with BI tools (e.g., Looker, Chartio, or Tableau)
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, millions of students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity,passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News