Senior Data Scientist
- Dublin, Ireland
Udemy is looking for our first data scientist in our Dublin office to partner with our ever growing Udemy for Business (UFB) product team. Udemy data scientists draw on quantitative methods and business intuition to uncover learnings that drive key business decisions. We are interested in questions such as:
* What metrics can we use to measure learner engagement and satisfaction for UFB learners?
* How can we most effectively communicate learner engagement and satisfaction metrics to enterprise customers?
* How can we drive more learners to develop learning habits?
* How do learning patterns differ between learners in a consumer marketplace and learners in an enterprise subscription?
As a data scientist you’ll be performing several highly critical functions:
* Serve as a subject matter expert in UFB product, especially while working with other data scientists
* Identify, scope, and execute on data-driven analyses to help guide business decisions
* Act as a data evangelist to create a data-driven culture across the company
Success in this role requires a combination of business and product intuition, practical data analysis experience, and strong communication and collaboration skills.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to inform business and product direction
- Proactively influence prioritisation through data-driven insights
- Provide technical mentorship to others
- Design and analyse standard experiments and conduct ad hoc analyses
- Define metrics and build dashboards to track product and business health
- Continuously improve the quality and accessibility of data
- Knowledge and willingness to use the right tool (a scripted model, a dashboard, a presentation) for each analysis
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 8+ years of relevant experience in a combination of business/analytics roles (e.g. data science/analytics, management consulting, or business operations)
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders
- Strong business and product intuition and judgement
- Expert level data storytelling and data visualization ability
- Broad knowledge of applied statistics, experimental design, and causal inference
- Expert SQL ability and proficiency with 1+ programming languages (e.g., R or Python)
- Ability to work autonomously, relentlessly prioritize, and collaborate with team members across time zones
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with business intelligence tools (e.g. Looker, Chartio, or Tableau)
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Back to top