Senior Data Engineer
- Istanbul, Turkey
A key data team responsibility is to ensure proper data governance at Udemy. As a data engineer, you will work on projects that enhance the availability and usability of high quality data throughout the company. Through data modeling, performance tuning and parsing unstructured data, you will enable internal stakeholders to work more efficiently and effectively with data. Your main responsibilities will be to build, improve, maintain, and document quality data pipelines to be consumed by analysts and end-users for reporting, descriptive, and predictive analytics. You will be using technologies and tools such as Hive, Spark, and Amazon Redshift.
- Work closely with other data engineers to enhance infrastructure, improve reliability, and strengthen database performance
- Collaborate with data scientists, product managers, marketers and other data-driven internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for better data access and usage
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the data warehouse ecosystem
- Become the expert on all aspects of Udemy's data reporting and analytics infrastructure
- Develop and maintain data definitions for internally available data sources
- 2+ years of experience working in analytics, business intelligence, data infrastructure or equivalent
- Solid software engineering skills and proficiency with object-oriented or functional programming languages, such as Python, Scala, and Java
- Excellent SQL skills with experience building tables in a production environment
- Knowledge in ETL performance tuning / query optimization
- Experience with data processing frameworks and tools such as Redshift, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, and Kafka
- Self-driven, highly motivated and able to learn quickly
- Strong communication skills to partner with and understand the needs of every data-consuming team in the company
Preferred, but not required
- Experience implementing a BI tool like Looker or Periscope
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Back to top