Senior Backend Engineer
- Istanbul, Turkey
Udemy is looking for new teammates to join our team. As a Software Engineer at Udemy, you will be responsible for a variety of software development projects, including developing APIs and microservices infrastructure for our apps, and finding innovative ways to handle our scalability challenges. You will build and integrate scalable backend systems, platforms, and tools which will help us achieve our mission of improving lives through learning. You will see the positive results of your work weekly. We don’t forget to celebrate and have fun. Come and grow with us!
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing
- Ensure your team delivers extraordinary output
- Identify and evaluate new technologies that improve performance and robustness of our backend software
- Devise solutions to performance and scalability challenges as our customer data set continues to grow
- Mentor engineers, both junior and senior
- Own relationships with other engineering teams and collaborate with other functions within Udemy
- Serve as a technical lead for various projects/tasks as needed
- Contribute to a team culture that values inclusiveness and quality while fostering innovation
We’re Excited About You Because You Have
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Expertise in one or more object oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, Kotlin, Java)
- Deep knowledge of web application development using modern frameworks (e.g. Django, Spring Boot)
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cassandra, Redis)
- Experience with developing complex software systems scaling to millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability
- Familiarity with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker)
- Familiarity with container orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, Marathon)
- Experience with Testing methods, including unit and integration tests
With a mission to improve lives through learning, Udemy is the world’s largest online learning destination that helps students, businesses, and governments gain the skills they need to compete in today’s economy. Millions of students are mastering new skills from 65,000 instructors teaching over 183,000 online courses in topics from programming and data science to leadership and team building. For companies, Udemy Business offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to more than 11,000 courses in our Udemy Business catalog, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Udemy Business is designed to upskill workers and prepare them for the jobs of tomorrow.
Udemy maintains hubs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Denver, Austin, Boston, Melbourne, Sao Paulo, Dublin, New Delhi, Ankara, Istanbul and Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. Udemy investors include Insight Partners, Prosus (Naspers Ventures), Norwest Venture Partners, and Stripes.
Udemy in the News
Back to top