Sales & Solutions Engineer, Udemy Business
- New York, NY
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Udemy is looking for a Sales and Solutions Engineer with excellent communication and organization skills, knowledge and experience with software development practices and techniques, and a passion to help businesses become modern “learning organizations”. Success requires close collaboration with multiple teams including engineering, design, sales, customer success, support, and a set of diverse stakeholders around the world. You will need to understand general issues across a wide technical landscape from authentication protocols (e.g. SAML, OIDC, SCIM, OAuth) to debug the effects of a corporate web proxy, and supporting our Customer Success team with API-based integration for small and large enterprise customers. Knowledge of security protocols and relevant data privacy surrounding the handling of personal data is a big plus. Driving results for our customers and partners is vital, and this role requires someone that will fill the gaps that exist with a keen ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences. As the world so often changes around us, you will need to be comfortable in a fast paced and growing business.
The role reports into the Udemy Business Sales and Solutions Engineering team, with direct support for Sales, Customer Success, Product Development, and Customer Support teams. Given the diversity of job responsibilities, we expect the person in this role to revel in learning quickly "on the job", and picking up what is needed to get the job done.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Serve as technical subject matter expert for customers, and internal teams on all aspects of integration between Udemy Business and SaaS applications; e.g., via Web Single Sign-On, API and HRIS/LMS integrations, analytics, and reporting data streams.
- Create code samples, demos, articles and tutorials for a highly technical audience
- Experience of blogging, technical documentation, and developer outreach.
- Create/Manage open source projects in partnerships with your Solutions Engineer colleagues.
- Become a key contributor to Udemy’s community engagement for our UB customers.
- Implement and document solutions for integrating Udemy Business with SaaS applications.
- As needed, Support Partners with architecture and deployment of Udemy Business using Web Service APIs.
- Collaborate with the Solutions Engineering and Product teams to improve our integration services.
We're excited about you because you have:
- 5-7 years of engineering or solution consulting experience in a SaaS organization.
- Some experience with: Python (Django framework), java, modern JS frameworks (Angular, React), experience working with microservices., understanding of data structures and algorithms, working knowledge of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) architecture (e.g., AWS)., experience with popular structured query languages (mysql, postgres, pl/sql).
- Solid understanding of authentication protocols (e.g., SAML 2.0, SCIM, OAuth/OpenID Connect), Web APIs, SMTP (e.g, SendGrid), DNS (e.g., CloudFlare) and experience debugging Web applications (e.g., Chrome DevTools).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a track record of successfully overcoming technical and security objections in customer integrations; problem-solving is in your DNA.
- An understanding of core security concepts; e.g., SSL/TLS, encryption ciphers, and GDPR data privacy.
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and able to learn quickly in a fast-growing and dynamic environment.
- Hands-on experience architecting or deploying Single Sign-On (SSO) with SAML 2.0, OIDC, SCIM, Active Directory, LDAP, OAuth 2, across disparate identity solutions such as Okta, Azure/AD FS, PingOne/PingFederate, OneLogin.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or an equivalent degree and experience.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, millions of students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity,passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Back to top