Udemy Business is a part of an elite group of amazing startups, hitting the $100m mark in only five years! We’re helping organizations, large and small, around the globe to close critical skills gaps. Whether it’s the latest IT trend, newest marketing/sales methodology, or how to manage remotely or take control of your productivity, only Udemy offers a platform of over 130,000 courses to the world! This is your chance to get in on the ground floor and begin an incredible journey of growth, achievement and, most importantly, fun.
We are disruptors in the e-learning space, changing people’s lives globally, connecting them with the skills they need for success in work and life. More than 35 million people around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy for Business.
We’re a close-knit bunch. We are building a culture that encourages innovation, creativity, passion and teamwork and we share a profound belief in the power of learning to change lives. We celebrate our milestones and support each other every single day. Egos need not apply.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), São Paulo (Brazil) and remote offices in Australia.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for the future’s top salespeople so if you have a passion for sales, an eagerness to learn and grow, and love to run at a fast pace, this is the role for you. As an Outbound Sales Development Representative, you will be strategizing with your paired Account Executive, reaching out to Fortune 1000 companies, and providing valued insights and stories that showcase Udemy Business’s unique value proposition. With a plethora of innovative sales automation tools at your fingertips, you will become a prospecting master, continually learning new skills that will prepare you for a long and illustrious career in sales (or any path you decide to take). At Udemy Business, our mission is to help people do whatever comes next, including our employees!
Here's what you'll be up to:
- Increasing revenue through outbound activities including calling, emailing, inmailing, and direct mail
- Understanding and conveying the Udemy for Business mission, value proposition, and product
- Becoming a brand ambassador by getting to know and love the Udemy for Business product and story
- Experimenting with new and creative prospecting strategies
- Continually improving sales skills to attain quota and grow as a sales professional
We’re excited about you because you have:
- A strong desire to be in sales
- Experience with 1 year of lead qualification, business development or similar skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
We will invest in you:
- World-class enablement and continuous employee development through the Udemy platform
- Fly Start Program, a two week-long company boot camp
- Small cohort onboarding ramp with your manager and peers
- Weekly 1:1 coaching with your manager
- Weekly group coaching sessions with your manager and your account executives
- Fun and engaging weekly events to improve your skills and on-the-job knowledge
- A clear path to promotion
- Exposure to executive thought leaders with a passion for living the Udemy values
Compensation: $80,000 (uncapped OTE with accelerators), + equity + benefits (see below)
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Eligibility: Regular, full-time employees are eligible for Udemy’s benefit programs.
- Health Plans: Medical, dental, and vision coverage (100% coverage for employee-only).
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans available; generous HSA employer contributions for those enrolled in the HDHP medical plan.
- Life/Disability: Employer-paid life insurance (supplemental available), in addition to short-term and long-term disability.
- Retirement: Access to 401(k) with annual employer contribution.
- Wellbeing: Corporate memberships for meditation and mindfulness, therapy and coaching, financial planning, primary care, telehealth, health advocacy, parent/newborn support, and employee discounts.
- Education: Free access to the entire course library on the Udemy and Udemy for Business platforms; annual stipend for external learning beginning at six months of employment.
- Charitable Matching Program: Employer match of monetary contributions to eligible nonprofits and charities that carry a 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Vacation: 15 days per year of Paid Time Off for hourly; flexible Discretionary Time Off for salaried.
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks of leave at 100% pay for parents who take time off from work following the date of birth, adoption, or foster placement beginning at six months of employment; this amount is in addition to pregnancy-disability benefits at 100% pay, if applicable.
- Holidays: 10 paid holidays throughout the year; during COVID-19, Udemy also provides roughly one “Wellness Day” per month while working from home.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, millions of students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity,passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News