Sales Development Representative - German Speaking
- Dublin, Ireland
Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online. More than 50 million consumers and several thousand companies around the globe trust Udemy’s technical & soft skills to close the skills gap. Our customers can choose from an extensive portfolio of 150,000 courses taught by 57,000 expert instructors from over 65 countries.
Udemy for Business is a curated solution of business-relevant and technical courses delivered through a simple platform to provide your employees with the most engaging learning experience. Our business is on a growth trajectory that offers fantastic career opportunities. We are a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other on a daily basis.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco with our EMEA headquarters based in Dublin city centre. Our EMEA business is growing fast and we are looking for great people to join our fantastic business. Our sales teams are rapidly expanding whereby we are hiring in Dublin and in the larger markets in EMEA to support our Commercial business growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are building out future EMEA teams and are looking for a Sales Development Representative to help build out a market for Udemy for Business in EMEA. The SDR role is a critical front-end sales position where you will be dealing with all Udemy for Business inbound inquiries. As an SDR, you will conduct discovery conversations with potential customers, use your understanding of Udemy for Business to identify how we could help businesses and their employees do whatever comes next.
Udemy for Business employees who demonstrate high performance and commitment will have the opportunity for career development and advancement within sales.
We have created a fun, collaborative environment where success is built on teamwork and celebrated. We are committed to adaptation and growth in order to serve the needs of our customers while holding true to our values that make UFB such a special place to be.
Sales Core Values:
Never stop learning
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Understand and convey the Udemy for Business mission, value proposition, and product
- Become a brand ambassador by getting to know and love the Udemy for Business product and story
- Maintain a high cadence of activities to develop inbound inquiries of Udemy for Business through calls, video meetings, emails, and social media.
- Schedule product demonstrations with our Account Executives to further assess a prospect's business and potential for partnership with Udemy for Business
- Work closely and collaboratively with your team to develop and implement creative prospecting strategies.
- Manage and track your activities and results using Salesforce
- Maximise your own personal development through 1 to 1 coaching sessions with your manager and your wider team
- Ensuring you keep our culture and values at the forefront of your mind when interacting with our customers, colleagues and business partners.
- Maintain a target driven to reach and overachieve individual and team results
What you’ll get:
- Ability to set yourself up for a successful career by learning the necessary fundamentals to attain quota and grow as a sales professional, leader, and executive.
- Access to the Udemy platform, drive your learning & skills forward with learning content from industry leaders and experts.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- Working proficiency in German and English
- Previous successful sales experience/a strong motivation to begin a sales career/College Degree, (BA/BS preferred)
- Self-motivated with a team player mentality, you’re passionate about your work
- Ability to develop compelling customer stories that deliver results, with a strong attention to detail and active listening
- Outstanding organisational and time-management skills, ability to prioritise tasks and mange ambiguity
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and telephone skills
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, feedback-driven environmentThe technical aptitude to master our sales tools, gather and use data to inform decisions and persuade others
- Motivation to develop a career in sales and eagerness to learn
What are some of the benefits of working at Udemy?
- Best in class employee training and onboarding
- Annual education allowance with unlimited access to the Udemy learning platform
- Dental plan
- Life Assurance (x4 times your annual salary)
- Long term illness cover
- Free breakfast and lunch catered on-site
- 25 days holidays plus additional company discretionary days
- Flexible working hours (agreed with your manager)
- Gym discounts
- An amazing culture of always learning and supporting each other
- UBelong programs to foster inclusivity and being your authentic self at work
- We have 38 different nationalities in our Dublin office alone
- And lots more
With a mission to improve lives through learning, Udemy is the world’s largest online learning destination that helps students, businesses, and governments gain the skills they need to compete in today’s economy. Millions of students are mastering new skills from 65,000 instructors teaching over 183,000 online courses in topics from programming and data science to leadership and team building. For companies, Udemy Business offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to more than 11,000 courses in our Udemy Business catalog, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Udemy Business is designed to upskill workers and prepare them for the jobs of tomorrow.
Udemy maintains hubs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Denver, Austin, Boston, Melbourne, Sao Paulo, Dublin, New Delhi, Ankara, Istanbul and Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. Udemy investors include Insight Partners, Prosus (Naspers Ventures), Norwest Venture Partners, and Stripes.
Udemy in the News
Back to top