Principal Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure
- Istanbul, Turkey
The Data Platform group at Udemy is responsible for building the tools and infrastructure that empower data scientists, data analysts, and data engineers to use data effectively. Today, the group is responsible for operating a modern cloud-based data lake and data warehouse that powers both batch processing and real-time streaming applications. To keep up with the accelerating demand for data in the company, we are looking to build a robust, self-serve infrastructure that enables teams throughout the company to leverage data.
We are looking for an engineering leader with prior experience building and managing data platforms and infrastructure at the petabyte scale. In this role, you will be responsible for a variety of software development projects, from scaling the data infrastructure to setting up new internal data services/products to building and expanding frameworks that enable others to easily develop data pipelines.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Design, build and manage a scalable and robust data platform and infrastructure
- Collaborate with data scientists and engineers to solve complex data problems at scale
- Identify and evaluate new technologies that improve performance, maintainability and elegance of our infrastructure
- Contribute to a team culture that values inclusiveness and quality while fostering innovation
- Advocate for technical quality, effective team processes, and engineering best practices
- Lead complex cross-organizational initiatives
- Mentor junior and senior engineers
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 7+ years of full-time experience working in data engineering, data infrastructure, or equivalent
- Solid software engineering skills and proficiency with object-oriented or functional programming languages, such as Python, Scala, Java, etc
- Experience with data processing frameworks and tools, such as Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, etc
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform, Ansible and Packer
- Experience in developing end-to-end data pipelines
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, millions of students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity,passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Back to top