Mid Market Account Executive
- San Francisco, CA
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Account Executives on the Mid Market team will prospect, consult, and sell to U.S. based companies with 2,000 - 5,000 employees, across all industries, within a specified geographic territory spanning several states.
This is an Enterprise style sales role with a heavy focus on building out your territory, strategic thinking, and consistently executing against your territory plan over the long term. Due to the size of these companies and total addressable employee base, landing new business and small footprint deals will grow your client base, but the key to overachievement will be Landing & Expanding from single departments to company-wide deployments. With the support of a shared Account Development Representative (ADR), counterparts in Customer Success to drive successful deployments, and the strategic guidance from Management, revenue is generally sourced 30/70, inbound to self-generated pipeline.
In this role, you will learn to take full ownership over a territory, develop sales plans and strategies, and become accustomed to identifying all types of opportunities and converting them into tangible, long term pipeline and revenue.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Managing full sales cycle from discovery to negotiation, selling both transactional and multi-year 6 figure deals
- Building pipeline at prospect companies by setting meetings with HR/L&D and other Line of Business department leaders
- Land & Expand your client base by understanding current use case and identifying areas for expansion, through both individual efforts and partnering with Customer Success counterparts on Tier 1 client accounts, resulting in mid-term up-sells and up-sells at renewal
- Develop new sales tactics and outbound campaigns, while sharing results and successful aspects with your Mid Market colleagues
- Creating and delivering accurate sales forecasts through strong pipeline management
- Collaborating with the greater sales team to share best practices and innovate
We’re excited about you because you have:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant closing experience
- B2B sales experience (SaaS preferred)
- Proven prospecting and territory management experience
- Strong writing, strategic thinking, and planning skills
- Ability to adapt, learn and operate with a growth mindset
With a mission to improve lives through learning, Udemy is the world’s largest online learning destination that helps students, businesses, and governments gain the skills they need to compete in today’s economy. Millions of students are mastering new skills from 65,000 instructors teaching over 183,000 online courses in topics from programming and data science to leadership and team building. For companies, Udemy Business offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to more than 11,000 courses in our Udemy Business catalog, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Udemy Business is designed to upskill workers and prepare them for the jobs of tomorrow.
Udemy maintains hubs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Denver, Austin, Boston, Melbourne, Sao Paulo, Dublin, New Delhi, Ankara, Istanbul and Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. Udemy investors include Insight Partners, Prosus (Naspers Ventures), Norwest Venture Partners, and Stripes.
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Udemy in the News
Back to top