Manager, Sales Development
- Denver, CO
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role will lead a portion of our Sales Development representative team working to convert both inbound and outbound leads. We are currently looking for a dynamic leader to inherit an already successful team to focus exclusively on growing the team even further. You will be responsible for hiring, training and coaching our Account Development Representative team.
For this role, we offer relocation assistance for people joining us from a different state.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Develop, motivate and manage your team to drive qualified pipeline
- Connect SDRs to key resources and clear roadblocks, enabling them to achieve and/or exceed their revenue goals
- Instill and maintain a quality and integrity based sales process with respect to rep/customer interactions
- Actively engage attracting and securing top talent for our rapid growth plans
- Provide ongoing coaching and development of sales best practices
- Prepare and execute a thorough business plan, including planning for both current and future quarter success
- Lead a sales-driven culture in a high energy, fun, fast-paced environment
- Prepare and present team forecast to executive management
- Maintain internal partnerships with various business units including Customer Success and Marketing
- May require modified work hours to cover accounts in other time zones, and occasional travel for key accounts
- Collaborate with sales operations to identify technology, strategies, and processes to better achieve goals and uncover new, high-value opportunities
We're excited about you because you have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years of sales management experience
- Experience with SaaS/subscription-based sales model
- A high energy and optimistic team-player with strong organizational and time management skills
- A love for hiring, developing, motivating, and retaining highly valued team members
- Exceptional skills in lead qualification, prospecting, buying behaviors and overcoming objections
- Technical aptitude, and the ability to learn new concepts quickly
- The ability to provide situational coaching and advice and help guide deals to closure
- Strong leadership experience, with a focus on training, coaching, motivation and career development
Compensation: Minimum $125,000 (uncapped OTE with accelerators) + equity + benefits (see below)
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Eligibility: Regular, full-time employees are eligible for Udemy’s benefit programs.
- Health Plans: Medical, dental, and vision coverage (100% coverage for employee-only).
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans available; generous HSA employer contributions for those enrolled in the HDHP medical plan.
- Life/Disability: Employer-paid life insurance (supplemental available), in addition to short-term and long-term disability.
- Retirement: Access to 401(k) with annual employer contribution.
- Wellbeing: Corporate memberships for meditation and mindfulness, therapy and coaching, financial planning, primary care, telehealth, health advocacy, parent/newborn support, and employee discounts.
- Education: Free access to the entire course library on the Udemy and Udemy for Business platforms; annual stipend for external learning beginning at six months of employment.
- Charitable Matching Program: Employer match of monetary contributions to eligible nonprofits and charities that carry a 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Vacation: 15 days per year of Paid Time Off for hourly; flexible Discretionary Time Off for salaried.
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks of leave at 100% pay for parents who take time off from work following the date of birth, adoption, or foster placement beginning at six months of employment; this amount is in addition to pregnancy-disability benefits at 100% pay, if applicable.
- Holidays: 10 paid holidays throughout the year; during COVID-19, Udemy also provides roughly one “Wellness Day” per month while working from home.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Back to top