- San Francisco, CA
ABOUT THE ROLE:
At Udemy, we are on a mission to improve lives through learning. Today, more than 24 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by mastering new skills on Udemy.
As part of Udemy’s L&D team, this position will focus on helping external subject matter experts create amazing courses for our Udemy for Business platform. This role requires a unique blend of curriculum design expertise, project management experience, A/V skills, analytical abilities, and relationship management know-how. You understand the theories and tactics necessary to help students learn a wide range of topics and also have the operational chops to help instructors build great courses. You’ll be working with a number of instructors and topics at any given time, creating and managing a process that ensures best practices while helping each individual instructor create an amazing course.
This position also focuses on supporting Udemy’s content and product teams to provide instructional and/or learning science expertise on product development and testing. As a result, this role also requires the ability to summarize research and instructional design strategies for the development of new platform features.
Because of who we are - learners and disruptors committed to improving lives through learning - you’ll need to be innovative and creative, willing to experiment and dead set on creating best in class learning experiences.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Manage, own, and continuously improve the course creation process for instructors and Subject Matter Experts for our Udemy for Business platform.
- Own the relationship with instructors from the moment they’ve committed to creating a course to when their courses go live. This includes helping instructors develop their course curriculum, produce their video content, build their course for the Udemy for Business platform as well as maintaining a relationship to support/partner on course updates.
- Act as a thought partner to help Subject Matter Experts bring their content and expertise to life.
- Create resources and guides for how to create high quality courses for corporate environments.
- Conduct secondary research on instructional design and learning science to create resources for internal teams on learning best practices.
- Work cross-functionally with different teams at Udemy at different stages of each project (content acquisition managers, support team members, etc.).
Success in this role will be measured based on the the impact of these courses, the satisfaction scores of the instructors you’ve supported and the efficiency of the course creation process.
We're excited about you because you have:
- 5+ years of professional experience in instructional design, learning & development or teaching.
- Understanding of instructional design, online learning, and adult pedagogy principles and techniques. Bonus points for having an advanced degree in instructional design, learning science, or related disciplines.
- Experience developing courses and content for an online environment, bonus points for technical and/or soft skills content development.
- Bonus points for strong understanding of technical domains, and/or for experience designing learning products and assessments.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical abilities to identify and frame issues, synthesize information, and draw insightful conclusions.
- Exceptional project management and organization skills: the ability to move multiple projects to the finish line at the same time and on schedule.
- Great communication skills and the ability to create and foster strong relationships.
- Excellent verbal, written, proofreading, and editing skills
- Experience with video production, A/V equipment and software, A/V best practices, screencasting, etc.
- Experience with graphic design and presentation software.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Back to top