Finance Director EMEA & APAC, Udemy for Business
- Dublin, Ireland
Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online. More than 50 million consumers and over 6 thousand companies (and growing fast) around the globe trust Udemy’s technical & soft skills to close the skills gap. Our customers can choose from an extensive portfolio of 150,000 courses taught by 57,000 expert instructors from over 65 countries.
Udemy for Business is a curated solution of business-relevant and technical courses delivered through a simple platform to provide your employees with the most engaging learning experience. Our business is on a growth trajectory that offers fantastic career opportunities. We are a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other on a daily basis.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco with our EMEA headquarters based in Dublin city centre. Our EMEA & APAC businesses are exciting places to be and we are looking for great people to join our fantastic organisation.
About the role:
Udemy has a track record of hiring top talent. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is keen to join a rapidly growing and dynamic organisation. The successful candidate will be a key part of a highly successful and collaborative team. As Finance Director, the successful candidate will be the first Finance leader in Udemy’s growing EMEA & APAC business.
This is a full-time position located in our Dublin, Ireland office. The role will partner with the business to support Udemy’s International (Non US) growth and provide process and structure where appropriate. This role will initially have one direct report and will help manage outsourced accountants in 3 countries. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the successful candidate will work closely with all aspects of finance and sales operations.
The role requires a mix of partnering with many aspects of the business, managing internal and external resources and individual contribution. Our international growth is expected to be a significant source of future company growth for the foreseeable future. As a result, this is an incredible opportunity to get into an operation and see the role grow.
- Partner with Sales teams in APAC and EMEA
- Finance deal approval partnering with the Revenue team on constructing contracts that meet US GAAP.
- Coordinate efforts on customer collection internationally
- Coordinate Vendor process internationally
- Ensure payroll process is functioning for international offices
- Drive process for International operations that will allow us to scale properly
- Drive Ireland and all other international entity statutory audits
- Manage 1 staff accountant based in Turkey
- Drive controls for international offices
- Help business understand budgets and related performance
- Project manage set up of legal entities approved by executive team as we expand operations
Expectations for Success in the role:
- Bachelor's degree + qualified member of a recognised accountancy body such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA highly desired
- Minimum 10 years experience within Financial Controlling, with some experience in a tech environment
- NetSuite experience desirable
- Ability to work with sales and other teams to help solve problems and create solutions.
- Keen eye for detail and a strong sense of urgencyStrong analytical skills, with the proven ability to analyse processes and suggest/implement continuous improvements
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to quickly adapt to changes resulting from a dynamic and growing business environment
- A passion for leading, developing, supporting, motivating, and retaining direct reports
- Strong prioritisation skills, comfortable with deadlines
- Organisational agility; knowing how to get things done through formal and informal channels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High standard of both internal and external customer service
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Back to top