Engineering Manager - Full Stack Web Development, Udemy for Business
- Dublin, Ireland
About the Job
Udemy for Business helps global companies stay competitive in the digital transformation of the workplace by offering fresh, personalized, and on-demand learning content. Our business offering leverages the marketplace catalogue of over 100,000 courses serving upward of 50M students. We are looking for an engineering manager to help us build out and scale up the best workplace learning experience in the industry.
You will be responsible for leading a functional team inside our rapidly expanding Udemy for Business product development portfolio. Our engineering managers act both as technical mentors and career development partners to our engineers. We would expect you to split your time between developing your team members in their roles and developing user features for our product, which involves working on designing intuitive UI interactions, convenient APIs and a scalable architecture behind it all.
On the technical side, we currently rely on React/MobX for UI and Python/Django/MySQL on the backend, but we are constantly reevaluating our choices to make sure we use the right tools for the job, so we’re also working with Docker, ElasticSearch, AWS, Kotlin, Kubernetes, etc. where appropriate. Our team members have a wide variety of backgrounds and we strongly believe that diversity, open-mindedness, and good communication yield the best results.
We are looking for someone to join the team who has demonstrable experience in some of the areas listed below and a desire to learn and master anything else that comes their way - we are a learning company after all!
Below is a list of some of the competencies and experiences that will help you do well in this role:
- Providing hands-on technical guidance and career mentorship for team members
- Mentoring team members in software development best practices and processes
- Collaborating with product management, design and other engineering teams to define features and product roadmaps
- Planning, organizing, and getting work done in an agile environment
- Participating in code reviews as well as post-deployment site monitoring
- Leading by example and contributing to a team culture that values quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering innovation
- Researching and evaluating new technologies that may improve our processes or code bases
- Python/Django or similar language/ORM
- REST APIs
- Relational databases (MySQL, Postgres)
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Back to top