EMEA Commercial Renewals Manager, Udemy For Business
- Dublin, Ireland
Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online. More than 50 million learners and over 6 thousand companies around the globe trust Udemy’s technical & soft skills to close the skills gap. Our customers can choose from an extensive portfolio of 150,000 courses taught by 57,000 expert instructors from over 65 countries.
Udemy for Business is a curated solution of business-relevant and technical courses delivered through a simple platform to provide your employees with the most engaging learning experience. Our business is on a growth trajectory that offers fantastic career opportunities. We are a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other on a daily basis.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Renewals Manager to help us grow our revenue base and continue to drive world class retention and renewal rates. This role will partner with our Customer Success and Account Executive team to maintain and grow our account base. The Renewals Manager will proactively manage a portfolio of Commercial client renewals ensuring on-time customer retention and high dollar over dollar renewal rates.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Proactively report to senior management on the portfolio of accounts, focusing on goal attainment and recommended course corrections
- Partner with field sales and customer success to sell multi-year subscription renewals, upselling and demonstrating business value of our subscription
- Strategize with the Customer Success Manager and Account Executive on different renewal scenarios for each client
- Leverage the renewal activity to promote upsells alongside Account Executives
- Directly negotiate all terms with client procurement teams
- Prepare proposals, including renewal rate calculations, and contract preparation
- Work closely with Finance and Legal teams to ensure all contracts are accurate
- Verify contracts, data integrity of all quotes, review terms and conditions to ensure renewal subscriptions are in line with company guidelines and policy
- Respond to questions from Customer Success Managers, Account Executives and UFB leadership on any aspect of the renewal
- Maintain a 4-month rolling forecast and track sales activity in SFDC
We're excited about you because you have:
- 2 years of B2B SaaS renewals experience working with mid-level commercial accounts.
- Ability to negotiate terms for complex deals while maintaining great client relationships
- Superior time management skills; excellent attention to detail
- Solid experience managing clients with Salesforce.com, Gainsight a plus
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, start-up environment, but also an interest in helping build sustainable processes
- Love for teamwork and commitment to building a world-class, enterprise-level global customer experience together
Our Customer Success Mission
To empower all customers to achieve their business goals through learning so that Udemy is an indispensable resource, and to become a partner our customers adore. We will serve as strategic advisors and provide trusted support. We will be the voice of the customer internally and will foster strong cross functional partnerships. Our customers’ success will be the engine that drives Udemy’s success.
Our Customer Success Core Values
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Back to top