Director, Strategic Partnerships (LATAM)
- São Paulo, Brazil
About the role:
Udemy has a track record of hiring top talent. This role is an exciting one for a highly experienced Director, Strategic Partnerships where the successful candidate will be expected to grow Udemy’s business in LATAM through partnership focused on driving revenue and new customer acquisition. This is a high visibility, leadership position that will report into the Vice President, Strategic Partnerships.
This position requires you to be fluent in English, Spanish, Portuguese (highly preferred). You must also have a proven track record of sourcing and closing large strategic partnerships within the LATAM region, have a deep network of contacts, a bias towards action and strong data and analytical skills. You will be required to create the regional partnership strategy, seek and close large partnerships. This role will begin as an IC role, and based on performance, there is the potential of building a small team in the future. Cross-team collaboration and being able to navigate effectively with internal stakeholders is critical.
To be successful in this role, you must be an excellent communicator, highly motivated, equal parts left and right brain, effective working across multiple, cross-functional teams, and able to get things done quickly. The ability to synthesize multiple sources of information across business/marketing and product/engineering and translate them effectively into short, medium, and long-term partnership strategy and prioritization is a must. As we build the partnership business at Udemy, having an entrepreneurial spirit and mindset will be key. The successful candidate will bring strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think creatively and work independently.
This is what you'll be doing:
- Grow the Udemy business through your deep knowledge of the region, and closing impactful partnerships in LATAM driving revenue and new customer acquisition growth
- Create a data driven partnership strategy based on your in-depth knowledge of the consumer internet landscape and your deep network of contacts
- Build out an impressive pipeline of high impact opportunities
- Bring your leadership skills with deep experience in negotiating complex deals, as well as your operational experience
- Lead projects across multiple teams within the organization (marketing, product, finance, legal, and Udemy for Business), to pitch, develop and manage some of our most critical strategic partnerships
- Utilized your strong senior level presence with commendable negotiation and influencing skills
- Highly comfortable engaging with senior level executives on strategy and execution
- Analyze internal and external data, as well as market and competitive trends, to inform strategic decisions around our product offerings and go-to-market approach
We're excited about you because you have:
- 10+ years of business development experience in the LATAM region
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience; Top tier MBA is highly desirable
- Previous experience in developing a go-to market plan and execution with strategic partners
- Distinctive problem-solving and data-driven analysis skills, combined with impeccable business judgment
- Excellent communication, negotiations, and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Get-it-done mindset: not afraid to roll up your sleeves, getting into the data and analyses themselves, building complex deal models, and doing what it takes to get the job done - while also thinking and acting at a strategic level
- Independent and can perform at a high level without a lot of guidance
- Strong professional network within the consumer internet space in LATAM
- High energy and optimistic team player and supporter with strong organizational and time management skills when seeking and closing large, impactful deals
- Proven track record of closing impactful deals within the region
- Ability to work in a fast-growing and dynamic environment
- Fluency in following languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese (highly desirable)
- Flexibility in a location within LATAM for the right candidate
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, millions of students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Back to top