- San Francisco, CA
As part of the Finance team, the Financial Data engineer will assist with designing and implementing a functional Financial Data warehouse to support the preparation/gathering of financial data, delivery of stakeholder reporting, month-end reporting, monthly financial reporting, and ad hoc analyses. In this role, you will be the technical lead of the Enterprise data team.
You will support our Snowflake data warehouse, and develop and maintain pipelines to and from other data sources. You will represent the finance team in working with the Production Data and Engineering teams to develop a financial data warehouse. You will create and maintain reporting infrastructure for Finance, gather and drive execution of requirements from Finance and design processes and reports to meet those requirements.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Partner with the Finance team and other business areas to be the data expert on key initiatives at Udemy including projects focusing on revenue attribution models, understanding performance marketing, tax income classification, and other financial projects
- Assist in the development and delivery of all reports in a streamlined, timely, and efficient manner in accordance with the agreed upon calendar
- Develop and implement databases, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize reporting efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing queries / reports and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Maintain / create the financial accounting and reporting process documentation and ensure detailed work instructions are developed for the role
- Work with the Finance teams and the broader business to gather reporting requirements from the Data Warehouse and identify future development requirements for changes in the data warehouse
- Develop good working relationships with Reporting and Accounting customers
- Ensure adherence to Group accounting policies
- Provide information to the external parties as required. Escalate issues to the Finance, Business Systems, and other leads as appropriate
- Identify improvement opportunities, generate ideas, and implement solutions
- Work with the Global management team to prioritize business and information needs
We're excited about you because you'll have:
- 3-5+ years of full-time experience working in data engineering, data infrastructure, or equivalent
- Experience maintaining Snowflake infrastructure and Fivetran ETL pipelines. Experience with Tray.io a plus
- Excellent skills in SQL, Excel required and familiarity working with Netsuite, Workday, Salesforce, Redshift and Looker is advantageous
- Proven ability to create and develop good working relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals, coupled with the ability to gain commitment from others
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform, Ansible and Packer
- Capable of working on own initiative and also part of a team
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to identify and analyze problems and potential improvements, and propose and implement solutions
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Back to top