Workplace Analyst, Latin America
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
This role is responsible for financial analysis for the Latin American Places team, with an emphasis on portfolio operations. You will be responsible for the governance and supervision of the Latin American Workplace spend and the enforcement of internal payment controls. The core responsibilities of this role are to provide visibility and insight into raw payment data and identification of trends as well as analytics on monthly budget performance. In addition, this role will support analysis on special projects such as creating a business case around a city expansion.
This role will directly report into the Programs, Analysis & Innovations [PAI] Global Workplace Analytics Manager of Places and be part of our Global People & Places Organization. This role will be based in Mexico City.
What You'll Do:
- Perform analysis to support facilities operation-level decisions including budgets vs. actuals, operational capital plans, and contract day-to-day management.
- Support Geo Lead/Find-Build-Run Manager with analysis on prospective city expansions, comparative lease analysis and portfolio efficiency.
- Work with Global Workplace Analyst to understand business plan and real estate portfolio compared to regional Latin America city plans during project analysis.
- Coordinate with the Global Purchasing Supervisor to gain insights into new & updated payment processes and compliance requirements.
- Proactively identify opportunities to optimize the performance and efficiency of existing processes/procedures.
- Support and indirectly manage the payment management responsibilities of regional Workplace Coordinators, Facilities Site Leads and others.
- Support on financial allocation cleanup and reclassification as required.
- Ensure proper coding of Workplace spend on the back-end with appropriate Finance and Accounting partners.
- Partner with regional partners (Strategic Finance, Accounts Payable, Buyer Operations, Accounting, etc.) with respect to regional nuances and processes.
What You'll Need:
- Associate Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other related field.
- 3+ years of experience in Accounting, Finance or other related field.
- Process oriented person with strong financial analytical skills.
- Education or work experience in the construction, facilities management or other Real Estate related fields.
- Capable to navigate at different levels and areas of the organization with strong Knowledge of General Ledger operation.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including intermediate to expert MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of PO Process and Tools (i.e.; Coupa, Oracle, etc.) strongly desired.
- Must be able to prioritize in a fast paced, multi-task environment.
- Must have demonstrated ability to perform basic business mathematical functions.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively.
- Great communications skills, attention to detail & customer focused.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top