Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
At Uber, providing amazing customer support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners-our community-is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in this mission and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way.
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe and we're looking for a WFM Manager (you!), to develop and lead various scheduling, headcount projections and staffing efforts within our São Pualo Center of Excellence (COE). Uber COEs are contact management centers with hundreds of employees dedicated to providing world-class customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, handle escalations from our tens of thousands of business processing outsourcing (BPO) agents, and provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes.
This will be a managerial role with a focus on people management and development, in addition to the team planning needs of the COE. You should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead a team of equally driven people.
We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
What you'll do
- Create, analyze and monitor staffing model for high traffic contact centers within the São Paulo (>500 employees) to optimize network resource planning while meeting service level agreements
- Forecast future staffing needs based on historical data and predictive analytics in order to properly staff for 24/7 production, taking into account seasonality and external factors, as well as internal factors such as new product incubation, city expansions, etc.
- Present recommendations for long-term forecasts (staffing, hiring) to Senior Leadership; deliver weekly and monthly analyses to Senior Leadership on network performance, current/future outlook and actionable items
- Produce Service Level Agreement and Contact Backlog reports which are distributed to multiple stakeholders; continually serve as a point of contact for a 'health check' for the business
- Work cross functionally within the COE, as well as throughout the entire company (Global WFM, FP&A) to be the voice of the COE and garner support in regards to team and headcount planning
- Manage and develop a team of workforce analysts (<5) to ensure they are delivering a high-quality product to the correct stakeholders in a timely fashion
- Provide leadership, clear direction and continuous guidance for your team through constructive feedback, coaching, and by removing any barriers which stand in their way
- Develop, manage and adhere to a financial budget in conjunction with FP&A regarding staffing levels within COE; digest complex WFM models which include seasonality, attrition, shrinkage, inflows, etc.
- Drive continuous improvements to the Workforce Management processes in order to more accurately predict staffing needs
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree Preferrable
- +3 years of work experience in Business Analytics, Workforce Planning, Management, or Predictive Modeling
- Ability to synthesize large sets of data into meaningful decisions, and make conscious business decisions off of that data
- Prior experience in leading teams to deliver product to various stakeholders; demonstrated ability to manage effectively, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide through challenging situations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborator within your team, as well as externally; you are a big thinker and never view problems that arise as microscopic, but rather take a step back to make decisions that are in the best interest of the COE, Uber, and our community
- You are a resourceful go-getter, always willing to take initiative and address something hands-on, you persevere when others give up.
- Optimistic leadership: you are passionate about making magic for our Community. You realize the vital role that staffing plays in appropriately cultivating positive experiences with our riders and driver partners, allowing for positive support experiences every time, all the time
- Experience with Excel and SQL, plenty of experience working with data.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in service-industry, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and highly productive environment
- Prior experience with Workforce Management tool (such as Aspect, Advanced Systems, Jolt) or heavy Excel modeling
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top