Workforce Management Manager
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe and we're looking for a Workforce Management Manager (you!) to provide lead the Scheduling, Login Administration and Real Time Management teams located in the Phoenix COE, supporting the North American Community Operations network. Your decisions as a leader while partially based on direction from executive leadership will largely be based on your detailed understanding of call center financials and a clear understanding of business needs. This will be a managerial role where you are asked to balance managing and developing your team with executing the broader WFM strategy.
What You'll Do
- Help create a high-performing WFM team
- Identify areas of opportunity and implement creative solutions to improve efficiency across the North America Community Operations Network
- Serve as a subject matter expert and WFM liaison to COEs in Phoenix and Chicago
- Coordinates with operations, account management and executive leadership to achieve business goals
- Performs other related WFM duties and assignments
- Ensure that processes and tools are designed to optimize network staffing and schedules.
- Create meaningful relationships key business stakeholders and factoring their needs into staffing and scheduling models.
- Propose solutions to complex financial or service problems within the scope of WFM support.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree (business, math, statistics, or comparable analytic field)
- Excellent quantitative and critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented with organizational skills
- Ability to adapt and excel as a team player in an exciting and change-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills across all levels of employees and
- Ability to provide guidance, direction, motivation and create high performing teams
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and be accountable for the performance of others
- Demonstrated proficiency in dealing with all levels of employees and management
- Experience with Workforce Management software (Blue Pumpkin, eWFM, IEX, Varient, etc.)
- Experience with Avaya CMS or comparable system
Bonus Points if
- Experience in a large inbound multi-site contact center
- Experience performing forecasting, scheduling and intra-day staff management functions in a multi-site inbound contact center
About the Team
Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, handle escalations from our tens of thousands of business processing outsourcing (BPO) agents, and provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top