Workforce Analyst - Centre of Excellence - English, Cairo
Uber OverviewAbout UberUber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life. We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world. Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the TeamAbout the Role
We're looking for a Workforce Analyst to develop and lead various scheduling, headcount projections and staffing efforts within our Center of Excellence (COE). Uber COEs are contact management centers with hundreds of employees dedicated to providing world-class customer support to riders and drivers.
Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, handle escalations from our tens of thousands of business processing outsourcing (BPO) agents, and provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes. Accurately projecting Customer Service Representative (CSRs) staffing needs to meet response time targets is a critical enabler to delivering an extraordinary support experience. The Workforce Analyst is focused on turning data into value-driving business insights that will facilitate our ability to scale and optimize our global support network.
What you'll do
- Create, analyze and monitor staffing needs for the COE (>200 employees) to optimize network resource planning
- Forecast future staffing needs based on historical data and predictive analytics in order to properly staff for 24/7 production, taking into account seasonality and external factors, as well as internal factors such as new product incubation, city expansions, etc. Drive continuous improvements to these Workforce Management processes in order to more accurately predict staffing needs
- Present recommendations for long-term forecasts (staffing, hiring) to Senior Leadership; deliver weekly and monthly analyses to Senior Leadership on network performance and future outlook
- Set realistic Service Level Agreements and create Contact Backlog reports which are distributed to multiple stakeholders; continually serve as a point of contact for a 'health check' for the business
- Work cross functionally within the COE, as well as throughout the EMEA region (Regional WFM, Strategy & Planning) to be the voice of the COE and garner support in regards to team and headcount planning
- Develop, manage and adhere to a financial budget in conjunction with Strategy & Planning regarding staffing levels within COE
- Generate weekly work schedules for the different teams in the COE
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree
- Work experience in Business Analytics, Workforce Planning, Management, or Predictive Modeling a plus
- Ability to synthesize large sets of data into meaningful decisions, and make conscious business decisions off of that data
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborator within your team, as well as externally; you are a big thinker and never view problems that arise as microscopic, but rather take a step back to make decisions that are in the best interest of the COE, Uber, and our community
- You are a resourceful self-starter, always willing to take initiative and address something hands-on, you persevere when others give up.
- Optimistic leadership: you are passionate about making magic for our Community. You realize the vital role that staffing plays in appropriately cultivating positive experiences with our riders and driver partners, allowing for positive support experiences every time, all the time
- Experience with Excel and preferably SQL, plenty of experience working with data.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in service-industry, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and highly productive environment
- Prior experience with Workforce Management tool (such as Aspect, Advanced Systems, Jolt) or heavy Excel modeling
Back to top