Web Tools Developer - Autonomous Vehicle Maps
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The AV Maps team is responsible for producing the detailed maps used by the autonomy stack in the self driving vehicles Uber is developing. This map forms the core framework that the software on the vehicle uses to make real time decisions to navigate the world with a high degree of precision. Without the map, the cars cannot drive autonomously. The AV Maps Tools team builds responsive, efficient products to help minimize the delay in releasing new maps. Additionally, the Tools team will work with other autonomy teams to plan additional feature requests.
What we need:
We are looking for experienced Software Engineers capable of designing, implementing and supporting the next generation tools for our Autonomous Vehicle Mapping team. The Engineers on this team will be designing, implementing and supporting mission critical web-based tools used by our Production team. We need Software Engineers at all levels who have experience developing highly-reliable products in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Experience building highly-reliable and scalable products in Java and Python; experience with C++ highly preferred.
- Experience with SQL databases and working in large datasets and SOA
- High bar for producing high-quality software
- Familiarity and the ability to work with technologies such as Linux, git, node.js, RabbitMQ, PostGIS, Redis
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top