Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Web Traffic Analyst
Passionate about high-growth startups and have strong analytical skills? Excited about turning raw data into meaningful business information? Want to work on a product used everyday by millions of people?
The Web Traffic Analyst will answer critical business questions on the health and performance of Uber's ecosystem of web properties. You'll work closely with the Uber Marketing and Business teams to track and test new site features, improve user experience, and optimize traffic flow.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Leverage traffic and performance data to identify areas of opportunity.
- Forecast projects focusing on growth, usage, and ROI.
- Design, create and automate weekly dashboards and reports including executive summaries and detailed channel performance reports.
- Track KPI's and create custom reports and dashboards, at times working across sites and teams to analyze end-to-end funnels and business results.
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the team in ongoing evaluation and testing.
- Run ad-hoc analysis on key trends and make recommendations on findings.
- Evaluate competitive information and key industry trends to provide context for website performance.
- Analyze web traffic data to identify A/B and multivariate testing opportunities and report on tests.
- Scope the impact of business and website changes to forecast the impact of future changes.
- Manage multiple short-term and long-term projects simultaneously, under changing and challenging constraints.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, or other quantitative focus.
- 3+ years web analytics and data analysis experience.
- Experience in multi-channel data analysis including SEO, Direct and Paid, Referral and Social.
- A/B and multivariate testing experience.
- Proficiency in querying and manipulating data for analysis. Strong SQL skills required, experience with Hive preferred.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics (or similar).
- Working understanding of marketing platforms (e.g. Google Adwords, Doubleclick, Facebook Ads), internet advertising technologies and marketing channel attribution
- Strong communication skills and ability to structure requirements and data for clear communication with multi-faceted teams including engineering, analytics, and marketing
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top